ThousandEyes - Scale Specialist
Location:Offsite, Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a ‘Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What You’ll Do
As a Global Scale Specialist (GSS) you will showcase your “Customer First” attitude, your passion for service and enjoyment of learning new technologies. As part of this exciting role, the GSS will lead a portfolio of Thousand Eye’s highest volume customer segment. By leveraging technology, team-building, and data-driven programs, the Global Scale Specialist will efficiently drive adoption through one on one and one on many customer engagements. This team is responsible for a majority of the customer lifecycle: implementation, customer enablement, escalation management, and account planning.
Specifically, You Will...
- Ensure success of the customer journey as measured by adoption and health scores
- Communicate objectives and ensure timely delivery of solutions
- Provide regular reporting on customer health and utilization
- Develop customer engagement programs at scale (webinars, digital onboarding, etc.)
- Provide consistent customer engagement via manual and automated touchpoints
- Developing long-term relationships with your ThousandEyes customers
- Become a trusted adviser for the partners and operational teams via the ThousandEyes platform
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Help drive customer renewal
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- A standout 'customer first' attitude
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency in written and verbal english
- Proven background in lead generation and prospecting
- At least 3 years of professional experience in account management or similar
- Ability to work with various business units
- Proficiency with CRM tools (salesforce, Gainsight, etc.)
- Data-driven and strong analytical background
- Highly organized with outstanding follow-up skills
- Technically adept, understanding of software and how businesses use software
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience in SaaS and Cloud technologies
- Previous Saas experience
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.