Test Req - s2v Do not apply
Location:Hiroshima, Chugoku, Japan
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Program Manager - IT Transformation Office
What You'll Do
Cisco IT Transformation Office’s charter is to Accelerate IT’s journey to a streamlined, transparent, and data-driven business. We lead the transition of the IT Operating model and strategy, governance, policy and development. The playing field is especially dynamic, energized by Cisco’s vision to deliver highly secure, software-defined, automated and intelligent platforms for our customers. Our strategic priorities are to optimize IT’s operating model in order to accelerate our pace of innovation, increase the value of the network, and transform our business model.
The IT Transformation PMO team is looking for a highly experienced Program Manager who will be responsible for leading and delivering one of our most strategic programs that has high business impact and profile. The role will focus on the successful delivery of the program to accomplish stated business outcomes, on time all while maintaining excellent stakeholder satisfaction.
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work very closely with passionate, intelligent and creative global team members and cross functional stakeholders all working collaboratively to drive program success, program governance, standard methodology with the ultimate goal of delivering the value and anticipated outcomes of strategic programs.
- Leads and manages all aspects of the end-to-end program delivery against program objectives, scope and stakeholder expectations.
- Drives program to meet or exceed defined performance metrics; actively lead efforts to achieve successful outcomes. Provide accurate and timely program transparency knowing when to escalate to ensure program success.
- Drives adoption and utilization of key portfolio and project management platforms, ensuring alignment to the governance framework and standards. Champions a “digital reporting” culture through the establishment of an accurate and up-to-date golden source for data and design of views/trackers that align to IT Senior Leadership requirements.
- Perform overall program planning, handle budgets, define program governance structure, develop an overarching roadmap, associated integrated schedule, define communications plan, meetings and reporting cadence
- Mentor and share your expertise with others. Help to build a program/project management community to share standard methodologies and enhance the skill of those around you.
- Ensures proper scope and change management processes are adhered to, leads change management between business, operations & IT teams
- Identifies program staffing requirements, drives staffing and coordinates project stakeholders to drive delivery excellence within target cost, schedule, and quality
- Owns accurate forecasting, tracking, and reporting on project costs and revenues
- Actively identify, acquire, lead, mitigate and exit program risks
- Identify and drive resolution of program issues
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with stakeholders (Ops, Customer Experience, Executives, etc.)
- Ensures the collection of lessons learned and findings to share and apply within the PMO community
- Communicates effectively with executives and stakeholders(s) to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- Elicits stakeholder feedback to appropriately gauge satisfaction and direction
Who You Are
You are passionate about Program Management, creating and leading cross-functional program teams in a very strategic environment. You are a certified program manager who invests in keeping your skills up to date, but also willing to mentor and share your expertise with others, helping to build standard methodologies and enhancing the skill of those around you. You are experienced in running all aspects of a large program. You have fantastic collaboration skills to engage with stakeholders and partners across the organization. You possess solid understanding in agile software development processes and lifecycle management.
You should be highly organized, analytical, enthusiastic and have a demonstrated ability to lead large programs and achieve results by working both independently and in a team environment. In addition, you should possess a drive for continuous improvement and optimization of results. Experience building and working with the breadth of multi-functional teams and diverse set of requirements is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in managing and leading large global, complex projects and programs
- Professional PMI certification, PMP, PgMP or equivalent but at minimum must understand formal program management methodology. Absolutely need to have an understanding of program and project management fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Project, including sub-project capabilities. Experience implementing and utilizing template and component based plans a bonus.
- Strong leadership, program management, influencing, negotiation and decision-making skills, coupled with good judgment
- Ability to navigate within functional teams and company-wide, manage a high level of ambiguity, multiple large and complex projects at an accelerated pace
- Ambitious with the ability to work as part of a virtual team in a large and growing organization
- Excellent stakeholder management, high personal impact, ability to work externally and within the Cisco organization to align priorities, resources and handle conflict between stakeholders
- Highly organized with excellent follow-through. Ability to think in a wide spectrum and implement tactically.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships with peers and higher level management across Cisco
- Works independently with only minimal supervision required and can lead multi-functional teams to complete projects and important initiatives using discernment, experience and leadership skills
- Ambitious, passion to learn and wants to have fun while driving one of the largest transformations at Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!