Test Engineer, Technical Leader - Acacia
Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Test Engineering Role is a lead position responsible for guiding and overseeing the activities of the Test Engineering team. The Engineer will work closely with Product Engineering, Product Line Management, Design Engineering, IT and Operations to develop and deploy automated test systems for new products at our contract manufacturing sites.
· Develop custom test solutions and capacity plans to support aggressive NPI schedules
· Maintain and enforce quality of test data with statistical process control and measurement system analysis
· Mentor test engineering team, both local and off-shore, with data analysis and failure analysis skills.
· Improve test team performance through the development and tracking of test metrics.
· Develop and track capital plans to support test capacity increases
· Drive standardization of software and hardware platforms
· Develop yield and capacity improvements for test systems through hardware and software design
· Drive improvement of parametric database design and tools for product yield analysis, quality assurance, test system performance, and product design and verification
· Other duties as assigned
· MSEE or MS degree in similar discipline with 6 + years in a lead or supervisory test engineering role
· Design, fabrication, characterization and transfer into off-shore manufacturing of optoelectronic test systems
· Experience supporting the test of active optoelectronic components in a high-volume, factory environment.
· High speed test equipment (DCA, NWA, BER, LCA)
· Optical test equipment (OSA, OPM, MWLM, TLS, VOA, OA, Polarization
· Electrical and Optical switching (low current, high speed)
· High-volume test fixture design for small OE components (control of temperature, pressure, probe types and material, DC vs RF)
· Software design for automated testing, source code control.
· Statistical process control, gauge R&R studies, correlation analysis, management of golden units/standards
· System calibration, instrument calibration
· Data analysis using JMP
· Some International Travel Required