Test Engineer (Intern) - Mexico
Location:Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Additional Location(s)Guadalajara, Mexico, Chihuahua
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
The Cisco Supply Chain Operations organization is responsible for taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, this organization oversees turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. As part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team, Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
Enabling Today's Business, Preparing for the Future:
In SCO we have an opportunity and the responsibility to enable Cisco's business now and prepare for the future. Our vision and strategy continue to emphasize the importance of providing our customer a phenomenal customer experience by delivering a flexible, creative and scalable supply chain while continuing to build upon our strong operational foundation. Cisco is also committed to social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain. We work with our suppliers to maintain a stabilized supply chain that meets our standards for ethics, labor practices, health and safety, and the environment.
We encourage you to become a part of this dynamic organization where every day we use Cisco’s aggressive ambitious spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees to use their expertise to take good business risks. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, it's become an exciting time to join the Supply Chain Operations team.
The responsibilities vary by the function and project that you are working in. Below are some of the responsibilities that you could be accountable for:
- Work as part of product team to support test development and provide sustaining test support throughout the product life cycle.
- Understand product requirements to come up with test strategy and test plans to meet quality, reliability and cost goals.
- You will engage with the product teams to gain in depth system hardware knowledge to influence test strategy and/or DfX (Design for Test/Manufacturing/Reliability) changes.
- You will be able to learn about test for high-speed system hardware, e.g. CPU, memory/cache, IO, Industry Standard busses, DDRx memories.
- Responsible for following and developing test processes and procedures and test fixturing.
- Analysis of designs for testability, and design margin robustness.
- Get experience in test and measurement equipment including High End Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer, traffic generators.
- Participate in multi-functional Defect Reduction teams from engineering and supply chain to resolve product failures during engineering and manufacturing test processes.
- Opportunity to do lab bring-up/debug for products and components and design lab experiments to do root cause investigation of issues.
- Provide analysis of manufacturing test data, and look for areas to improve quality, reliability, and cost.
Who You Are
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS /etc) in Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering, HW Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- Having knowledge in Telecommunication, Networking and Optical will be a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!