Test Engineer (Co-Op) United States
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on experience with next-generation technology in Cisco’s Advanced Labs
- Craft services to support Cisco Network Engineers helping customers maintain their networks.
- Build networks consisting of an array of Cisco equipment
- Monitor and track network recreate requests
- Support the lab infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers and mentor new co-ops
- Build your skills as you work to earn industry-leading certifications (expected to receive CCNA by the end of the co-op term)
Who You’ll Work With
You will be immersed in a small close-knit group of cohorts to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. We value your perspective on how to get things done.
Who You Are
- Including but not limited to an upcoming graduate of a technical degree or certification program from a Technical Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for a 6-month rotation
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, and the achievement of Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to solve technical problems
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, take initiative and succeed in a dynamic team environment
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.