Test Engineer (Co-Op) - United States
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on experience with next-generation technology in Cisco’s Advanced Labs
- Craft services to support Cisco Network Engineers helping customers maintain their networks.
- Build networks consisting of an array of Cisco equipment
- Monitor and track network recreate requests
- Support the lab infrastructure
- Collaborate with peers and mentor new co-ops
- Build your skills as you work to earn industry-leading certifications (expected to
receive CCNA by the end of the co-op term)
You will be immersed in a small close-knit group of cohorts to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. We value your ideas, perspective on how to get things done.
- Actively pursuing an Associate's, Bachelor's or Trade School degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for a 6-month rotation
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Passionate about networking, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, and the achievement of Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to solve technical problems
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, take initiative and succeed in a dynamic team environment
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!