Test Development Engineer
Area of InterestSupply Chain
TEST DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
OTBU product portfolio includes long-haul, metro-core and access Dense Wavelength DeMultiplexed (DWDM) telecommunication systems and Very-High-Speed Optical boards.
What You'll Do
As part of the Product Operations Team, the Test Development Engineer (Test Dev) sits in the development team to insure, testability and quality.
Works as one of the manufacturing technical interface with designers in order to apply the DFT guidelines and requirements to the product and in order to optimize assembly and test time, to increase quality and to drive toward a stable and reliable test line.
Develops and deploy test strategy, test processes, and test equipment for new products to manufacturing. Defines test processes to meet schedule, yield, and business goals. Analyzes new product designs for testability and manufacturability. Develops test and diagnostic programs, defining diagnostic requirements, tracking diagnostics development and validating the diagnostic releases, design and assemble production test platforms, debug test-ware, and provides test documentation. Utilizes technical skills to develop software and hardware test solutions. Supports production test issues by working with Production Test Engineers, NPI Engineers, Design Engineers, Suppliers and Manufacturing Partners.
Ensures that the production teams receive the required level of test-product training
Working very closely with the following technologies:
Coherent high speed optics (up to 800Gb) DWDM, 500 GE, PoS, SONET/SDH, SAN (Fiber Channel) Routing & Switching Technology, Physical Layer Optical & Opto-Electrical Testing.
Who You'll Work With
In this role you'll be working with a multicultural and geographically dispersed Team, both inside Cisco and ouside with Business Partners.
You will be exposed to challenging technical initiatives and have the possibility to work on cutting-edge tecnologies in the optical telecom.
Who You Are
- Excellent skills in Python script development and debug.
- Good knowledge of SW development concepts
- Strong software engineering skills
- Basic knowledge of Agile methodoligies
- Good understanding of optical telecommunication system architectures, design concepts and basic engineering development practices.
- Knowledge of optical (active and passive) and electrical digital technologies.
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing assembly and test processes, including FW diagnostics, for both optical and electrical products
- Deep knowledge of optical and electrical test equipment, their use and management.
- Deep knowledge of analogue and digital measurement techniques and design margin issues.
- Receives minimal direction toward daily goals and objectives
- Basic knowledge of program management and negotiation skills to interface with other internal and external functions and track development and action items.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Other general skills required: problem solving, decision making, meeting deadlines, vision and planning.
- Provides solutions to complex problems, which require creativity.
- Good knowledge of English to conduct meeting/presentation to the teams around the World or to the Suppliers.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND RECOMMENDED
Typically requires BS degree in Engineering or equivalent. Two/three years of applicable experience.
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.