Test Development Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
This position is with the Supply Chain Operations Security BU (NGFWBU), a dynamic and rapidly growing product line. Our team supports the Security Business Unit which is based in San Jose, California, USA. The product platforms are from low end to ultra-high end Security products.
This Test Development Engineer position will require the use of CI/CD solutions to address existing and future manufacturing challenges. Typically, a Test Development Engineer provides test engineering support for a product utilizing core engineering skills, design concepts / principles, diagnostic, and programming capabilities. As such, you will work with design, process, test, SW, diagnostic and reliability engineering.
- New Product Introduction support
- Test strategy planning, development
- Test automation development
- Manage functional test capacity, expansion planning and execution
- Continuous yield improvement through process and test optimization
- Early engagement with multi-functional engineering teams
Who You'll Work With
When you join our team, you will be part of a world-class TDE team. Our highly motivated team not only values own the business activities but is constantly exploring new innovating ideas to change the business.
Who You Are
We are looking for an ambitious engineer who is thrives in an Agile team environment. You have knowledge of CI/CD methodologies that can be deployed to prove our product test development effort.
- Typically requires a BSEE, BSEET, BSCE or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Jenkins and SonarQube
- Software Programming (Groovy, Python, SQL, TCL/TK, PHP, Java script, JQuery, CSS, HTMLx, DHTML)
- Experience in software operating systems (Windows, Unix) and applications (ex: MS Office) and be able to install and configure servers (Linux and/or Windows)
- Good written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Works well in small teams, self-motivated and the ability to adapt rapidly
- Agile skills
- Knowledge in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model and tools
- Graphical design, Bootstrap for developing web application a plus
- SQL programming language in schema designs and database administration
- Handling data held in relational database management system (RDBMS)
- Understands system hardware architectures, design concepts, and engineering development practices
- Know basic knowledge in network configuration such as routing the subnet and protocol
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from intelligent cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.