Test Development Engineer
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Test Development Engineer
Candidate will be part of Product Operations team supporting high-end switch product line. This is core business area for Cisco supported by high investments and a robust roadmap. This position offers excellent learning and career development opportunities both on the technology and leadership. Candidate should expect a fast-paced environment and close collaboration with global cross functional team. Qualified Candidate will expect to take following responsibility:
· Reports to Manager of ProdOps, interfaces with MFG Engineering and Design Engineering functions on a regular basis regarding technical issues, testability, and MFG test strategy. Develop MFG test plan and capital investment plan, host test plan review and approval.
· Interacts with contract manufacture test team for test plan execution and test deployment. Order and construct test equipment per approved test plan. Develop and validate test scripts.
· Review Diagnostic test coverage with design engineer, and develop test and diagnostic programs.
· Solve Test and DFT issues and provide feedback to NPI groups.
· Design, procure, and build test fixtures and equipment for production test use.
· Being part of agile NPI team, receive minimal direction toward daily goals and objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of overall objectives and success of product metrics.
· Support prototype build, take leadership in driving manufacture test failure analysis and corrective action. Respond to production test related problems by working with Production TE, supplier and Design Engineering as required.
· Generates documentation for test coverage analysis, test platform/application development, and on specific capital equipment required by production testing.
Desired Skills and Qualification
· Motivated individual with BSEE, or BSCE or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years of manufacture test or HW validation experience, experience in HW or diagnostics development highly preferred.
· Ability to design and execute development projects with a design of experiment approach (DOE) to service, troubleshoot, and solve engineering problems.
· Experienced in working with global team. Strong interpersonal and team skills, good presentation skills for cross functional communications
· Fluent in English and Mandarin.
· Experienced with NPI processes and manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge and experience with Ethernet switching or routing products
· Experienced in HW troubleshooting at PCBA level
· Experienced in software programming using C/C++ and/or scripting language. Python experience is highly preferred.
· Test automation platform such as Labview is a plus.
· Experienced in L2 and L3 traffic test with traffic generator such as IXIA, Spirent, etc.