Test Development Engineer, Product Operations
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Who You'll Work With
Product Operations is part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team within the global SCO at Cisco which has more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
The Engineering team within Product Operations, partners with the Product Design teams to ensure products released to the market have the best possible start in life, ensuring by design that they will meet quality, reliability and cost targets – all to delight our customers!
As a member of this Engineering team, you will be support in all aspects of your role by colleagues and the management team. At Cisco we are a family and therefore an excellent choice for both seasoned professionals and early-in-careers!
Become a part of this dynamic organization where every single day we demonstrate Cisco’s ambitious spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, there has never been a better time to join us.
What You'll Do
As the Test Development Engineer (TDE), you will work with peers in a diverse cross functional team including Electrical, Mechanical and Software design engineers, to deliver new products to the market. As part of the Team, you will take responsibility for translating the features of a new product design into a Manufacturing Test Strategy and thereafter take responsibility for its deployment.
The position of TDE is extremely diverse and it is a key function to the successful launch, volume ramp and future sustainability of a new product.
Supported both directly and indirectly by fellow TDEs, you will both define and develop suitable Manufacturing Testing to be deployed within our partner manufacturing facilities.
- You will work closely with Product Design teams to gain in-depth system hardware and/or software knowledge.
- Interpret the design architecture, to identify essential ‘features’ that are actionable within the overall Test Strategy.
- Identify needed software diagnostics to ensure hardware manufacturing deficiencies are detectable.
- Identify/design new methodologies for Test, having positive impact upon defect coverage, cost and time-to-market.
- Undertake end-to-end Test Coverage Analysis, ensuring the customer experience is rarely diminished.
- Develop procedures to ensure quality, reliability and cost goals are maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
- Identify suitable equipment and solution providers (where appropriate), matched to the needs of Cisco and the product.
- Financial justification of any budget required to finance the test element of an NPI and the control thereafter of spend allocation.
- Using an analytical approach, evaluate and identify failure mechanisms, using fault insertion when necessary to demonstrate robustness of deployed Test Solutions.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronics and/or Software Engineering.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Desirable Soft Skills
- The ability to work in the detail whilst maintaining an outlook for the ‘broader picture’ (Multitasking).
- Project management skills, coordinating the delivery of services from Engineering and third-parties to ensure the Project Plan is met.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work independently or as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Positive and can-do attitude with a growth mindset.
- A Mix of Operations, Software and Hardware skills.
- Direct or indirect experience in the manufacture of Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCA manufacturing).
- Experience in Hardware fault finding to component level.
- Experience in Software scripting, ideally python or equivalent
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco