Test Development Engineer, Product Operations
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestSupply Chain
The Cisco Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organization is taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, we are responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions.
Who You'll Work With
Product Operations is part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team within the global SCO at Cisco which has more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
Become a part of this dynamic organization where every single day we demonstrate Cisco’s ambitious spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, there has never been a better time to join us.
What You'll Do
As the Test Development Engineer (TDE) you will work on projects with Electrical, Mechanical and Software design engineers and liaising with peers. You will be responsible for translating the features set of a new product into a Manufacturing Test Strategy and thereafter developing the formal ‘Test Plans’ to ensure quality, reliability and cost goals are met.
The position of TDE is extremely diverse and provides the unique opportunity to become involved in projects going much further than Manufacturing Test and will very likely become heavily involved in Software (IoT and Cloud) into the future. It's key to the successful launch, volume ramp and future sustainability of a new product.
- You will work closely with Product Design teams to gain in-depth system hardware and/or software knowledge, with the product design phase undertaken using Agile design methodology.
- Interpret the design architecture, to identify essential ‘features’ that are actionable within the overall Test Strategy.
- Identify necessary software diagnostics to ensure system deficiencies are detectable.
- Identify/design new standard methodologies for Test, having positive impact upon defect coverage, cost and time-to-market.
- Undertake end-to-end Test Coverage Analysis, ensuring the customer experience is rarely diminished.
- Develop procedures to ensure quality, reliability and cost goals are maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
- Identify suitable equipment and solution providers (where appropriate), matched to the needs of the product.
- Financial justification of any budget required to finance the test element of new product introduction and the control thereafter of spend allocation.
- Using an analytical approach, evaluate and identify failure mechanisms, using fault insertion when necessary to demonstrate robustness of design.
- Work as part of product team to support new product test development and provide sustaining test support throughout the product life cycle.
Who You Are
- Direct or indirect experience in the manufacture of Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCA manufacturing).
- Educational background in Software Development and/or Electronics (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent).
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- A strong understanding and experience with agile project management fundamentals and methodologies. Certified Scrum Master preferred.
- Inspired by Agile methodology, understands design for cloud and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- SW knowledge and understanding and experience with software as a service (SaaS) models, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of SW Engineering and coding/scripting (e.g. Python/Ruby/Perl) as appropriate
- A Mix of Operations, Software and Architecture skills preferred
- The ability to work in the detail whilst maintaining an outlook for the ‘broader picture’.
- Strong project management skill, coordinating the delivery of services from Engineering and third-parties to ensure the Project Plan is met.
- Multitasking abilities
- Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and formal presentation skills (English) in order to effectively interact with internal and external partners.
- Able to work independently or as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Positive and can-do attitude with a growth mindset.
- People person to pull your resources together and add dynamics to the team
- Experience working towards PCBA manufacturing
- Experience in a DevOps environment preferred.
- Deep understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- SW/cloud and datacenter environment/experience desired
- Experienced working in an SW, cloud and datacenter environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco