Test Development Engineer (1389036)
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
The Test Development Engineer will be a key member of the Operations Test Engineering organization and be a key contributor in the development of manufacturing test strategies in support of optical transceiver products. The manufacturing test strategy will include launch into our contract manufacturing partners. The Engineer will work directly with Design Team and lead the effort to develop the calibration\test software, test equipment and fixturing to take these products from engineering samples to mass production.
Key Essential Functions:
- Drive a robust test process implementation along very aggressive launch timelines.
- Drive\create innovative software strategies to optimize test densities and cost of test.
- Pull new product launch from Design community and push into our Contract Manufacturers.
- Drive scalability of overall test architectures\strategies. We are growing fast and need a strategic view on implementation
- Support deployed manufacturing test processes and drive continuous improvement
- Actively drive closed loop corrective action and be accountable for what you own.
- Work as part of a cross functional team and be accountable to present status and metrics as defined by the project plan
- Define test station qualification strategies during NPI (GRR, SPC), drive related improvements and eventual hand-off to offshore support team.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications:
- 6-12 yrs experience with a BS and\or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems, electrical engineering, physics, or other relevant major.
- Demonstrated statistical data analysis skills using JMP to solve complex Test Engineering problems. Use Facts and Data to drive improvements and strategies.
- Strong Software Development Background with focus on efficient, scalable code
- Strong background in Manufacturing with focus in Optics, RF and\or digital test development
- Expert in National Instruments LabVIEW
- Experience with National Instruments TestStand
- Expert with C#, Python or other text based languages
- Experience using source control tools (Perforce)
- Strong background launching\supporting products in contract manufacturers
- Experience with High Volume production
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing workflows, process controls, SPC, GRR
- Ability to drive solutions through cross-functional teams.
- International travel may be required post pandemic (10-15%)
- Some off hours production support may be required
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.