Territory business manager
Location:Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
The Business Entity
Cisco Sales is all about inspiring dreams, accelerating growth, connecting worlds, recognizing wins, respect and enabling you to be your best. More specifically, our Goal is to make Cisco the most valued partner for delivering meaningful solutions & business outcomes to our customers.
What You’ll Do
Cisco seeks a Territory Business Manager within the Southern African team, with a strong background in sales to End Users and the Partner landscape, building customer, partner, and internal relationships.
- Develop and implement a GTM strategy to ensure that regional targets are met on an annual basis, with goals set on growth.
- Build a strong & positive relationship with your aligned internal sales AMs, RMs, and ODs. Own and drive a joint strategy with these team, to improve impact and scaling of sales engagements across their customer base.
- Prospect and build strong relationships within the Partners community by developing key Partner relationships.
- Build demand-generation engagement opportunities with our marketing team and partners to drive new customer acquisition and address gaps in the business.
- Align with and drive global programs/sprints/campaigns within your specific region.
- Drive the delivery of accurate business metrics across the Cisco team and anticipate any change in the opportunities, market, resource and customer's needs/requirements that could impact the overall revenue target opportunity.
Who You Are
You possesses strategic technical knowledge, and can succeed in a demanding and rewarding sales environment. The applicant understands the business drivers and changes in the Commercial market. He/she needs to identify and convert these business drivers into technical drivers to solutions and drive the sales strategy accordingly.
As a Territory Business Manager you will have experience with direct sales or sales in a multiple channel business. You are able to demonstrate an ability to excel within a cross-functional team environment. You will have a strong ability to:
- Ability to exhibit strong critical thinking, initiative and leadership skills.
- Solid track record in selling IT solutions and knowledge and competence within networking and communication solutions is a clear advantage.
- In general, strong selling skills in major accounts and/or a territory is meaningful.
- Self-starter and strong closer with multi-tasking ability.
- Understanding of business organizations and their buying cycles.
- Requires practical experience using influence management to achieve goals.
At Cisco, each person brings their standout talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.