Business Development Manager - West
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationWest coast
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Compensation Range141600 USD - 203000 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security, Service Provider
- We are seeking a Territory Sales Lead that can successfully interface with Cisco Account Managers and external customers to build a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities.
- Research and map prospective accounts for strategic outreach.
- Close win new logo business.
- Work in conjunction with the account teams and marketing to warm/cold call and email prospective customers to Cisco account base.
- Follow up on Inbound leads generated by marketing and via events.
- Coordinate Demos, meetings, and Proof of Value with internal resources and customers
- Utilize lead generation tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other “insight” engines.
- Log and update a pipeline of prospects in our CRM’s (Salesforce and Hubspot).
- Write and implement nurture campaigns to keep Outshift products top of mind for the customer with a goal of moving to a Sales qualified lead/opportunity.
- Have specific daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline metrics to help achieve sales goals.
- Lead monthly, quarterly Business Reviews on pipeline development and customer engagement.
- Develop, present and implement plans for acquiring new business and traction in your assigned area/products.
- Participate in documenting the customer’s requirements, challenges, and what business outcomes and value they are expecting from their purchase.
- Ability to identify customer keywords or statements that represent potential opportunity.
- Continue to evolve and grow in role: learn to represent and demo the product, understand key differentiators with competitors in the space.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in the tech space (preferably with SaaS)
- 2+ years working for a company in the cloud computing space.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.