Business Development Manager - EAST
Location:Offsite, Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Alternate LocationEast coast
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Compensation Range125600 USD - 179600 USD
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security, Service Provider
Who We Are
We are Outshift at Cisco. We are chartered to build the next new business for Cisco. We take Cisco into new markets, and especially towards new personas-both buyer and user.
Like building a startup from the ground up, we believe it's all about having an entrepreneurial approach. We take ideas from astonishing thought to a product that solves a critical need, then deliver an experience that delights users and customers. Outshift is about innovation. We look from 12 months out to five years in the future, wearing multiple hats, failing and learning fast, challenging assumptions and finding new ways of solving problems. Driving form from ambiguity. It's about creativity. We are looking for entrepreneurs and problem solvers, whether as designers & marketers, product-led growth experts, business development, SDRs, or customer success experts. We're always looking for product managers, data scientists, and ML engineers, too.
Yes, we are building the next set of startups with the support of a trusted name like Cisco. Where else will you get to do this? We are Outshift at Cisco. We run bold, we run agile, and we run ambitious. Come create with us.
Learn more about us at https://outshift.com/
Who You'll Work With
The Outshift team is a highly visible group within Cisco focused on developing new market opportunities. We interface with many different organizations both within Cisco as well as outside of Cisco. Teams that you’ll engage with are internal Marketing, Product, Customer Success, Engineering as well as other Cisco Generalist Sellers & Technology Overlay Sales teams. Externally, you will work with Customers & Partners as well as some Technology partners & Cloud Service Providers.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a Territory Sales Lead that can successfully interface with Cisco Account Managers and external customers to build a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities.
• Research and map prospective accounts for strategic outreach.
• Work in conjunction with the account teams and marketing to warm/cold call and email prospective customers.
• Follow up on Inbound leads generated by marketing and via events.
• Coordinate Demos, meetings, and Proof of Value with internal resources and customers.
• Utilize lead generation tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other “insight” engines.
• Log and update a pipeline of prospects in Hubspot.
• Write and implement nurture campaigns to keep Outshift products top of mind for the customer with a goal of moving to a Sales qualified lead/opportunity.
• Have specific daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline metrics to help achieve sales goals.
• Lead monthly, quarterly Business Reviews on pipeline development and customer engagement.
• Develop, present and implement plans for acquiring new business and traction in your assigned area/products.
• Participate in documenting the customer’s requirements, challenges, and what business outcomes and value they are expecting from their purchase.
• Ability to identify customer keywords or statements that represent potential opportunity.
• Continue to evolve and grow in role: learn to represent and demo the product, understand key differentiators with competitors in the space.
Who You Are
• 3+ years of experience in the tech space (preferably with SaaS)
• 2+ years working for a company in the cloud-native computing space
• Technical in nature, curious and interested to learn about the rapidly growing space of cloud solutions.
• Proven ability to influence others and create a sense of urgency.
• Motivated by a career in sales.
• Someone who has excellent written & verbal communication skills .
• A self-starter, focused, dynamic, and eager to learn.
• Previous Cloud Native Security sales experience.
• MEDDPICC sales methodology training.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box.
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
And on top of all that - Cisco has been named #1 Best Company to Work for in the U.S. by Fortune and Great Place to Work – for the second year in a row! With this honor, we join Cisco teams in 15 countries that are currently holding the title of #1 Best Workplace!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.