Technical Systems Engineering Manager
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today's challenging business environment is more than that - it's a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco's operations by maximising the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, produts, processes, systems and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
The Workforce Experience team within the Digital Enterprise Solutions, is responsible for providing a world-class employee experience so that Cisco can continue to be ranked highly as one of the best places to work (#1 in 2019, 2020). One of the foundational pillars of that experience is the Cisco Collaboration team. We are seeking a seasoned Manager to lead a team of technical engineers to transform the collaboration experience at Cisco for its workforce and our customers though automation and a contextual experience.
You will be responsible for leading a talented group of engineers accountable for creating and integrating software modules & API's in the delivery of full stack services in a multi-cloud environment.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the team and contribute to the product either directly or by providing guidance
- Bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop siple solutions to copmlex problems.
- Set the tone for the team by instilling a culture of SLDC best practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leading-edge technology teams.
- Practice Agile methodoogy
- Foster growth mindset
- Ability to communicat at all levels
Who You'll Work With
The Workforce Experience team is resonsible for all end-to-end processes and systems that support our workforce from Hire to Retire to Collaboration and Service Desk. Working closely with our stakeholders, the Employee Experience team, we will take the employee experience for all of Cisco to world-class levels - and show our customers and partners what is possible!!
Challenges are opportunities and the Cisco Collaboration organisation is making those opportunities a reality each and every day!
You will work with a talented pool of Cisco collaboration leaders in the Digital Enterprise Experience organisation and across our Collaboration Tchnology Business Unit to help shape and influence the product suite with engineers and developers all committed to transforming how our collaboration technology is consumed by our workforce and our customers. The team has a single goal to be best in the industry and help Cisco be the number one IT company in the world.
Who You Are
Innovative, creative and willing to take risks. You're known as someone who is ambitious, sets high expectations for yourself and delivers results that matter. You enjoy life to the fullest and are passionate about making a difference in the world through your work, at work and serving the community around you. You have a desire to keep current and learn new emerging technologies that can add business value. Solving client problems thorugh collaboration and continuous feedback is clearly understood. you value open and direct communications within your team and believe in a culture of diversity.
Our minimum requirements are:
- 5to10+ years relevant hands-on software development experience and proven technical lead
- Expertise with Python, and/or Go languages
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools with experience in application of modern Agile practices
- Knowledge of API services and integration
- Experience in DevOps
- Ability to articulate succinct and accurate summaries of complex situations
- Bachelor of Science (Bs) / Bachelor of Arts (Ba)
- Good technical knowledge primarily in Collaboration / Unifed Communications portfolio with knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure (Compute, Storage & Data Centers)
- Experience with cloud & container technologies
- InfoSec background, with experience in developing relevant products
- Understanding of Bigdata pipelines, microservices architectures
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give an take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA). We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!