Technical Systems Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
The Workforce Experience team within the Digital Enterprise Solutions, is responsible for providing a premier employee experience so that Cisco can continue to be ranked highly as one of the best places to work (#1 in 2019, 2020).
One of the foundational pillars of that experience is our C-level executives’ ability to be productive with their devices, software, tools, and technology. We are seeking an outstanding Technical Systems Engineer that is motivated and committed to keeping our C-level execs productive and delighted with a top level executive support experience!
The responsibilities of our C-suite IT Support Team include:
Executive Engagement & Advocacy
- Serve as the CxOs main point of contact and build long-term relationships with assign clients
- Advocate for unique solution & services for our CxOs
- Deliver high-quality, white glove, one-on-one support to our executive leadership team (ELT)
- Train and educate ELT & supporting staff on Cisco workplace applications and technologies
- Lead projects to deliver new services, innovations, and/or process improvements to Cisco ELT
- Develop strong relationships with IT leaders and technical specialists. Easily and effectively advocate and engage these groups when needed
- Support high level internal meetings and impactful customer visits in the Boardroom and Customer Experience Center
- Work with clients to resolve logistical and technical requirements for the quarterly Board of Directors Meeting and Investor Relations Call
IT Technical Support
- Deliver remote and onsite support (e.g. CxO home support)
- Travel locally, regionally, and internationally
- Respond to executive team support needs quickly and effectively and participate in 24/7 on-call rotations
- Support all technical setup and requirements of the Boardroom, including working with partners, vendors, and internal Cisco teams to maintain and upgrade in room solutions and resources.
- Work with our clients to coordinate and handle executive Boardroom engagements and provide in meeting support.
- Drive and coordinate client updates and resolutions. Maintain constant communication to whom you support, their executive assistants and IT Leadership.
- Develop solid technical & process-level understanding of Cisco IT services, apps, and technologies deployed to service our ELTs.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, services, and standards for IT.
- Implement personal development plans to continually innovate cloud, desktop, network, video, mobile technologies for Cisco employee workforce efficiency.
Who You'll Work With
The Workforce Experience team is responsible for all end-to-end processes and systems that support our workforce from Hire-to-Retire, to Collaboration and Service Desk. Working closely with our partners, this team will take the employee experience for all of Cisco to outstanding levels - and show our customers and partners what is possible!
Who You Are
We’re seeking a talented and experienced and self-motivated professional who has a genuine focus on executive success, operational excellence, and helping others.
- Demonstrable experience establishing relationships and supporting executive teams.
- Outstanding communication, and interpersonal abilities to think proactively and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to follow projects through to resolution, working with various people.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
IT Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated great technical skillset along with problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Key technologies include: Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android operating systems, Microsoft 365 productivity suite, Cisco Video & Webex technologies, Cisco Networking and home/remote access technologies, IT employee workplace productivity apps & software.
- Note: A high level of proficiency is required in the above technologies to excel in this role. Candidate must show strength and demonstrable ability to quickly learn IT technologies.
- Typically requires a BS/BA degree or equivalent 5+ years related experience.
Consultative & Support Skills:
- Understand and evaluate executive needs and develop creative technical solutions to meet them.
- Excellent customer support skills – Demonstrate strong ownership of problems until resolution.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to overcome uncertainty. Comfortable thinking on your feet and researching problems on the fly.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!