Technical Systems Engineer (Intern) - India UHR
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job Description – Technical Systems Engineer
In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers
As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, implementation/integration and operations of new tools, systems or 3rd party products/platforms to deliver or provide updates to business processes and operations and/or network-based (cloud) product systems.
Specify, build, maintain and support technical infrastructure. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, platforms, database or utilities software.
Focused on configuring, installing, upgrading, monitoring, and scripting of existing infrastructure, platforms, and applications (3rd party, home-grown, on-prem, cloud, etc.) to get the desired performance required.
Performs high-level root cause analysis for service interruptions and brings services back online once a problem is resolved.
Debugs and troubleshoots systems issues by creating patches or re-engineering the system.
Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions.
Participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, network with senior executive leadership team, give back to your local community, and socialize with a community of global technologists.
Who You Are
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor or Masters of Engineering degree in Computer Science or Information Science
- CGPA of 8.0 (out of 10) and above
- The requirement is for 2022 passout only.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to simply and effectively communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving instincts and abilities
- Attentive to detail
- Proficient in VPN technology, software load balancing, DNS, application gateways, VB script, hardware diagnostics, IP networking, network protocols, firewalls, and databases.
- Familiar with standard programming languages (Linux, C,C++, Python), scripting and automation skills using API Able to integrate 3rd party platforms/products into IT provided services.
- Knowledge and experience with servers of various operating systems or middleware technologies in an enterprise private/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco UCS, virtualization technologies, HX, Intersight, etc. for compute environments
- Proficiency of CI/CD tools, security mindset and orchestration/config mgmt. Use development technologies (GIT, JIRA). and database technologies such as relational (e.g. Oracle)
- Proficient in Cloud, Cloud Connector, and Container technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, CloudRun, Knative, Kubernetes, and APIs.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - “Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. The requirement is for 2022 passout only. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.”