Technical Systems Engineer - Help Desk - Active Directory - Acacia
Location:Maynard, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Acacia Communications (now part of Cisco) is looking for an experienced Technical Systems Engineer who can work with limited supervision to join our small, fast-paced, and highly collaborative IT team.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for the configuration, management, and ongoing maintenance of Acacia's Server and Desktop PC environments. You will need to be comfortable working in virtualized environments, know how to configure and troubleshoot Microsoft's Server platform and its roles and be familiar with troubleshooting issues impacting the Desktop PCs that those platforms service.
Additionally, experience with Asset Management, automation, and background technologies like Umbrella DNS are preferred.
While this role is critical for maintaining Acacia's existing Server and Desktop PC environments, you will also be asked to plan and participate in projects that impact the future of these areas, including but not limited to, planning for changes to Acacia's IP subnets, server rebuilds for OS Upgrades, implementation of new technologies, etc.
If you’re detail-oriented, able to effectively work with peers to accomplish a shared goal, and have experience mentoring technicians in Desktop Support roles, this position may be for you.
This position will primarily work in a hybrid role (both on-site and remote), with regularly scheduled office visits and ad-hoc office visits required as the need arises. This position will primarily work in either our Maynard, MA or our Holmdel, NJ office, though occasional travel to Acacia's other offices may be requested.
Key Essential Functions:
- Support and configuration of Microsoft Server operating systems, including Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019, and 2022, on both physical and virtualized platforms
- Support and implementation of Microsoft Server technologies, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, RDS, and other VDI technologies
- Implementing or enhancing performance monitoring of Windows Server and server applications
- Participating in Infrastructure planning and projects
- Providing support to Acacia’s Desktop Support staff, supporting Windows 10 and Acacia’s applications
- Producing and maintaining technical documentation and/or training materials
Highly Desired Skills:
- 5+ Years of experience supporting current Windows Server Technologies
- 5+ Years of experience supporting Client/Server applications within a Microsoft Windows-based environment
- License Management, Asset Management, and/or Programming/Scripting experience
- Experience with several of the following tools/technologies: Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP, Microsoft PowerShell or Python, IBM BigFix, PRTG Network Monitor, Cisco Umbrella, Microsoft MDT, Microsoft VLA, Cisco and/or Check Point and/or Cato LAN and WAN technologies
- Existing applicable Certifications (ex: MCSE, MCITP, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Occasional travel to Acacia's remote offices may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.