Technical Systems Architect-
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We are currently looking for a passionate technical architect who is proficient in integrating multiple clouds to enable supply chain for Cisco’s component business. Proficiency in micro-services architecture with knowledge on SaaS ERP and PaaS to develop extensions are key responsibilities of this role. Engaging with cross functional teams and business partners to successfully integrate multiple clouds with legacy services adds to the unique challenge.
This requires understanding the business requirements, understand industry trends, translate them into designs, manage technical specifications and develop scalable solutions. Also, participates in architecture, design and code reviews as required.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative “FUTURE IT” team who's passionate about the use of technology to deliver unprecedented business outcomes. You will work with business partners, internal and external partners, Cisco’s outsourced partners, and cross-functional teams.
Who You Are
You are a results-oriented teammate who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes complete ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives. You should be able to think creatively to find the optimal solution to problems and always be ready to learn new technology, tools and process.
Key Skills Required:
- 10+ years of experience in software development lifecycle
- Hands-on experience in full stack development
- Proficiency in Business Process Management for modeling and orchestration
- Strong knowledge on Enterprise Service Bus and Message Bus to enable loosely coupled integration
- Experience with Design and development of microservices – REST APIs
- Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience with DevOps tools like Git , Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube
- Experience working in a team environment with a documented software development process (within an Agile methodology like Scrum)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences is a must
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to quickly adopt to new methodologies, tools, processes
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment throughout the lifecycle of a project
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!