Technical Support (Intern) - Australia
Location:St Leonards, Australia
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Duration: 6 month Full-Time Internship
Start Date: Flexible
What You’ll Do
Cisco IT supports large number of in-house IT Applications for various functions such as Sales & Marketing, Customer Care, Supply Chain Management, Finance & HR. There are close to 1600 Apps for which we receive about 61K IT Support Cases per quarter. To manage these many cases, we collaborate with cross-functional teams and apply the best practices of IT Service Management such as Incident and Problem Management to address reported issues and provide Best-Class experience. Digital Enterprise Solutions (DES) Regional IT Team is looking for a curious and tech savvy candidate to support some of these applications and work on wide range of technologies impacting not only Cisco employees but also its Partners and Customers.
Who You'll Work With
This candidate will be based in St Leonards, NSW and will work closely with Customer Experience Services (CES) team to manage their IT escalations. The candidate will also be working in tandem with many cross functional groups which will require excellent communication and people skills. There will be opportunity to work on an Automation Project under the guidance of an existing Automation team to build a self-service tool during the internship period. This project, once delivered, will be useful in addressing various Service Request related cases which will help to drive down cases and reduce Operating Expense.
Who You Are
- You are actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics
- You have a minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Passionate about technology and building software applications, with object-oriented design, test driven development and Continuous Integration / Delivery.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work cross-functionally in solving complex problems
- Have strong technical aptitude, logical thinking, attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, ability to adhere to deadlines and able to prioritise tasks.
- Must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian or NZ Citizen
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!