Technical Support Engineer - Voice Team
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Networking
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Poland is looking for outgoing individuals who have a passion for technology to join our team as an Customer Support Engineer (CSE).
If you are willing to develop your career in our cutting-edge technology environment, you enjoy working in a multicultural and multinational organization and wish to intensely learn and acquire new skills and competencies; we sincerely encourage you to place your application for the position of Customer Support Engineer (CSE)
This team is an exciting, self-driven group of the industry’s top talent. Our work influences the way the organization considers service delivery and we constantly challenge the status quo of excellence!
Cisco TAC seeks a network engineer specialized in “Collaboration” area to be part of the TAC (Technical Assistance Centre) and to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Collaboration technologies.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. This is a great opportunity for someone with empathy to make an impact on our customers. This is a great opportunity to advance their career providing value to customers while working as an industry leader in networking technology.
What You'll Do
This Voice Support Engineer (CSE) position has the following responsibilities:
- Provide senior level second line phone/email consultation to independently debug complex “Unified Communications and Collaboration” solutions to Cisco’s customers and partners.
- Act as a level focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Resolving moderately to highly complex technical problems with Cisco Unified CM, Voice Gateways, Cisco IM&P servers, depending on the customers’ need.
- Simulate technical problems in lab environment.
- Report to Manager Technical Support [Customer Experience Department] and interface with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs & end-users & internal engineering departments.
- Act as a technical expert and provides support on a worldwide basis.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Who You Are
- Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or IT areas.
- 2-4 years’ experience in either deployment (designing, installing, configuring) or support of Cisco Collaboration solutions.
- Good technical foundation in networking (CCNA Collaboration level or above).
- Good understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Presence (IM&P) Applications, Call-control protocols and Voice Gateways (H323, MGCP, SIP), Cisco Endpoints (IP Phones).
- Other technology or product knowledge, experience or certifications in the following areas are a plus: Microsoft, Linux.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong documentation skills – to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, defect management and trainings.
- Excellent verbal communication skills – these skills are anticipated for this engineering role as most of the work being done is through the phone.
- Very strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of TCP/IP – IP knowledge is important, as it is the foundation for most IP Telephony technologies.
- Working knowledge of handling network down situations.
- Ability to drive recreates remotely – many issues result in the engineer needing to perform a recreate of the customer problem to isolate the issue and resolve.
- Engineer should have experience and knowledge either of Voice Technology (Collaboration) or IP Telephony protocols, and thorough understanding of Cisco's product line.
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills. The position requires that the CSE is able to prioritize his/her workload and manage customer commitments.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. The Collaboration relies on each CSE to communicate and collaborate often. This results in a very strong teamwork which has proven to be successful in driving Issues to Resolution quickly.
- Ability to provides systems/product training and identifies improvement opportunities and recommendations in products and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest technology products in his area of expertise to provide a high-quality support.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco