Technical Support Engineer - Nexus R&S
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do?
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents primarily related to routing and switching on the Nexus series of switches.
- Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve highly complex technical issues.
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal state-of-the-art labs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other technology teams to help solve issues in heterogeneous network environments.
- Be a trusted technical authority to worldwide Cisco customers and partners.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest groundbreaking technologies within the switching domain.
- Be a great teammate in worldwide team, assisting in training junior engineers.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
Who you are?
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in a technical field of study and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Limited experience with Cisco products isn’t a roadblock. We believe that if an engineer with a proven knowledge of the technology will be fully capable of getting used to Cisco specific implementation.
- Good knowledge of common routing and switching protocols such as STP, OSPF, BGP.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internal resources and apply that knowledge in real world situations.
- Ability to work independently, but comfortable working in a team environment.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show some of these:
- Experience with the Nexus series of switches, and NXOS.
- Knowledge of VXLAN EVPN, OTV, Fabricpath.
- Hold a current valid certification (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE and/or Devnet certifications).
- Basic knowledge of any programming language (preferably Python).
What’s in it for You?
- You will become industry leading top networking specialist with outstanding world-class problem solving and network troubleshooting skills. In TAC each new case brings a new challenge and a new customer with a new network infrastructure to troubleshoot.
- You will get targeted training helping you to ramp up your knowledge based on a multiple phased learning plan.
- The training process spans across many months and includes experience not available outside the TAC organization. You will also get a personal mentor to guide you and to support you during the initial months to ensure your success.
- You will work primarily within the Data Center R&S domain, however, you will also be continuously encouraged to expand your competencies, skills and knowledge via participation in ongoing trainings and rotations between different teams.
- As a member of TAC you will be encouraged and supported to achieve your CCIE/Devnet certifications by offering study materials/labs and dedicated paid study time off to take these certifications and improve software programming skills.
- You will have free/unlimited access to any of Cisco’s products from across the entire Cisco portfolio and access to worldwide network of 24/7 dedicated internal Cisco Labs. If you enjoy configuration and setting up network devices, this is the job for you!
- Be able to acquire communication and customer management skills by being exposed to customers from all over the world, running wide variety of network set-up’s.
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 8am - 4pm (with periodic weekend shifts on Saturday or Sunday 8am - 2pm – with additional monetary and day off compensation).
Who We Are
Customer Experience (CX) is a team of best-in-class technical specialists whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks efficient while delivering the best possible customer experience. Your success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
The CX Data Center Support Team is made up of highly-responsive technology specialists who love what they do: Enabling our Customers by enabling Cisco Technology!
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!