Technical Support Engineer - Duo Security
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you’ll do…
- Be the face of support—and are key to our customer success and happiness.
- Confirm issues are received, recorded and repaired or flagged for the right team in a rapid, efficient manner.
- Will work with various teammates at Duo to build long-lasting relationships with our customers and deliver experiences unique to our industry.
- Help amplify the voice of the customer across Duo by categorizing and classifying support issues for our Product Team.
- Act as a primary support contact to identify and resolve technical issues
- Facilitate customer communication via phone, chat and email
- Build groundbreaking customer service experiences, creating more promoters and champions of Duo
- Record & maintain accurate, timely details of issues and activity in a request tracking system
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-support
- Develop recommendations for product improvement based on support issues and customer feedback
Skills you have…
- Relies on researching and troubleshooting skills when presented with an unfamiliar or undocumented technical issues,
- Demonstrates attention-to-detail and a thorough, methodical approach to problem-solving
- Able to quickly assess the impact and implications of a reported issue while asking effective questions
- Exhibits patience and empathy toward customers throughout interactions
- Communicates solutions confidently with clear, simplified language, appropriate language for intended audience
- Takes the initiative to own issues until resolution, while collaborating with other teams when necessary and following through
- Documents & shares knowledge to improve team performance and customer self-service
- Manages multiple tasks professionally, even with interruptions
- Makes informed use of existing or resources, including asking for help
- Welcomes & adapts to change in a swiftly-paced workplace
- Demonstrable desire for constant learning
- Punctual (we work on teams that operate on shift schedules)
- Strong understanding of networking technologies & troubleshooting [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Cross-platform mobile device knowledge [iOS/Android]
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
- Network security or information assurance background
- Demonstrated ability in a customer-facing product support role
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- Familiar with network infrastructure technologies [Cisco, Citrix, Juniper, VMware, etc.]
- Previous experience with customer support or helpdesk ticketing tools
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Windows OS administration experience [Active Directory]
- Back-end web development experience/troubleshooting is a plus
- Certifications are cool, too!
- Experience in retail or similar customer-facing roles
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French
You should apply if you…
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable navigating a fast-paced role that is constantly iterating
- Prefer trying and failing to getting it flawless the first time
- Are passionate about service & creating long-term customer relationships
- Have impeccable communication - both verbal and written
- Are flexible to potentially work a 4-day workweek that includes one weekend day
This job may not be for you if...
- Working for a company where change is a constant isn’t something you are ready to embrace
- If you prefer to work on your own (we're a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Some of our many benefits and perks include…
- Excellent health insurance options, 401k matching, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Budget allocated for continued learning and professional development. You can use it on things like books, conferences, and training courses, and certifications
- Dedicated paid time off every year for volunteering - a great way to make a positive impact on your community
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.