Technical Support Engineer - ACI
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
What You'll Do
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production environment and supporting critical customer operations
- Participate in Change Advisory Board Review Meetings internal and with customer
- Supporting the root cause analysis process, and ensure remediation of major issues
- Troubleshoot & resolve the incidents and problem tickets within SLA/SLO
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of existing and new technologies and be able to tie the design and implementation of infrastructure to the managed components
- Performs Troubleshooting and Diagnosis of Complex Issues
- Provide input to continuous improvement and process change suggestions
- Provide phone/email consultation to independently debug complex network problems
- Provide systems/product training to peers within the team
- Take ownership and accountability expectations in managing cases and customer situations
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Managed Services (CMS) organization seeks a customer support engineer to join a team of extremely hardworking engineers supporting strategic accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone with persistence and a conscientious view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career contributing to customers while working with an industry leader in technology. The successful candidate will have a track record and desire to excel at both technical issue resolution and customer management.
You will be part of a dynamic, fast paced and supportive team that will build you up as you manage the technical support for Cisco's biggest customers. You'll be given the opportunity to work alongside many of Cisco's Technical and Advanced Service organizations and will receive outstanding insight into the IT services industry all the way from pre-sales to day 2 support as an engineer passionate about some of Cisco’s key customers.
Who You Are
- Knowledge of the following areas: Data Centre Networking and Data Centre Products
- You should have good experience in Networking industry experience and knowledge of products and protocols
- Proficiency in the such technologies as: TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, MPLS
- Data Centre Knowledge– Nexus Routing & Switching, ACI
- Knowledge of using Wireshark, or other Protocol Analyzer
- Experience in the following products / solutions: Cisco Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000 , ACI , VXLAN
- Should have exposure in troubleshooting ACI devices
- Knowledge of Python, API’s and/or other programming languages is beneficial
- Knowledge of virtualization products like VMware, OpenStack etc. is beneficial
- Good to have knowledge of security firewall products
- Should be a great teammate
- Ability to Assertively communicate and demonstrate Technical Leadership on Troubleshooting scenarios, especially over WebEx / telephonic customer conversations
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent 3-6 years related Data Centre and Network related experience
- Preferred CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Certification (R&S or DC)
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Centre technology at a Network Operations Center or Technical Assistance Center
- Strong technical experience to include ACI, Data Center, Cloud & Virtualization technologies
- Ability to work with internal and external executive level customers with confidence while providing an outstanding experience
Nice to have:
- Ability to provide assistance in a support capacity with problem and incident resolution and assume major incident and problem ownership and accountability
- A solid understanding of the ITIL framework and its application in a production environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, cross functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment
- Demonstrate high-level of maturity and confidentiality
- Attention to detail and stellar interpersonal skills
- Possess strong presentation and communications skills
- Have strong time leadership skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!