Technical Solutions Specialist
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
We change the world; you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
The Technical Solution Specialist (TSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings
The TSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The TSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The TSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
1. Pre-sales deal support, response to technical inquires as Enterprise Network (EN) Architecture Specialist.
2. Pre-sales SE support for Japan and global Cisco AM, SE and Partners in Japanese and English.
3. Escalation and communication to BU in English.
4. Provide proactively business contribution by building business relationship with the teams that relevant to EN business as TSS.
5. Proactively support your Japanese or global colleagues through your leadership.
6. Provide pre-sales SE support via various advanced virtual tools (Web Meeting, Telepresence, IP Phone).
7. Participate and presentation in your relevant team meeting, trainings in Japanese or English.
8. Business travel to oversee countries to attend trainings or meetings.
Role & Responsibilities
You need to decide whether accept or decline the SE support request from our client from both technical and business justification perspective based on your knowledge and experience. You need to create relevant documentation, provide presentation or demo in your deal support to provide the solution for customer / partner business challenges through appropriate collaboration with Cisco AM and another SE. There are also many technical inquiries regarding Cisco product information, specification, product selection for proposal and high-level system design that are also very important job in my team. You will also need to provide response for these types of technical inquiries.
You will also need proactively accruing technical / product and business knowledge as TSS.
・Building your career as a technical specialist
・Working in English in a global organization
・Various career path in Cisco globally
・Opportunity to travelling to oversee countries for the training / meeting
・Flexible work style (including Work from Home)
・BS, BA or equivalent.
・Minimum 4 years of experience in pre-sales engineer experience for IT infrastructure, Network Infrastructure technologies and products.
- Routing, Switching, LAN, WAN
- Wireless LAN
- SDN including Cisco DNA
・Appropriate level of English communication skill to communicate with the colleague.
・Strong leadership to contribute team growth.
・Proactively self-learning motivation to catch up new technologies and products.
・Aside from minimum qualification, VPN and AAA or other security relevant knowledge.
・Experience of working in English
・Communicate actively in both Japanese and English
・Strong aspiration to self-growth in global organization