Technical Solutions Specialist (Security)
Location:Taguig City, Philippines
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
What You'll Do
The Technical Solutions Specialist (TSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The TSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The TSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The TSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
Reports To: GVE SEM
Metrics: Response time/Productivity/Demo to Deal conversion/Revenue Impact
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
• Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
• Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the true scale, business need and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement to a Demo or SE As A Service (SEaaS) engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions
• Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and answer highly complex product inquiry from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
• Leverage High Value services: Demos (dCloud) and Design Assistance
• Work with VSAMs, Field Sales personnel, & Cisco partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development
• Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
• Help new product/services launch
• Technical expertise
• Time management
• Case handling – Prioritize aged and escalated cases resolution
• SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
• Case Resolution – Assure quality responses and timely resolution of Requester’s request.
• Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
• Become the SME – achieve Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
• Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice.
• Ability to anticipate / gather / consolidate trends and communicate to Architecture Lead.
• CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
• All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID.
1. Performs & represents the network design activities with minimal assistance, effectively engages extended team for support.
2. Strong knowledge of/and fluency in articulating; features, functions, benefits, and positioning of Cisco products, technologies, and services in reference to industry. Ability to apply this knowledge to address customer/partner network requirements.
3. Lead discussions concerning direct comparisons of Cisco's products and technologies against the competition specifically relating to design strategies.
4. Exposure to Remote Support and Collaboration processes/methodologies --- preferred.
5.Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
Good platform understanding of Cisco’s Security Solution
· Network Security (Firewall, IPS, VPN, Email Security)
· Visibility Enforcement (At least ISE)
6.Good understanding of IP Routing fundamentals and LAN Switching.
Who You Are
• 1 to 2 years of experience with IT infrastructure
• 1 to 2 years of design & implementation experience
• Customer facing experience within presales or consulting
• Presentation and communication skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Technical Qualifications (must have good skill set in 2 or more of the following):
• Experience in Security Solutions and Concepts
• Experience in Cisco Networking Technologies
• Experience in Cisco Security Solutions
CCNA/CCNP Security Certification (Preferred)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.