Technical Solutions Specialist - Security
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
- Serve as the domain expert in Cisco Security Solutions
- Provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs
- Work with technology specialists to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
- Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
- Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
- Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
- Build, present and document technical solutions
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects
- Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e.
- technical consulting, upper-level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing the local account team to maintain long-term ownership
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Systems Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales and Engineering organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest-growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. We will provide you with a platform for success including mentor, training, and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible, and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes, and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
- You are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that improve Cisco's opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco's Security Architecture, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
- Technical sales or pre-sales experience highly recommended
- Security specialization experience with IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies are recommended
- BS/BA or equivalent highly preferred
- Consistent track record or managing and leading technical and high value IT security projects
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness and communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
- Understands the value of Scripting, Software, and Everything as a Service.
- You have general industry knowledge around security, Cisco security portfolio knowledge is highly preferred
- Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural great teammate
Why Cisco Security
Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolios that is coordinated, pervasive, continuous, and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control, and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during, and after an attack.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!