Technical Solutions Specialist (Data Center)
Location:Taguig City, Philippines
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
The Technical Solutions Specialists (TSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The TSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The TSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The TSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests Globally.
Reports To: SE Leader
Metrics:Response time/Demo Delivery/Deal engagement/Service Upsell
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
• Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
• Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the true scale, business need and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement to a Click to Demo (C2D) or Click to Expert (C2E) engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions
• Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs), answer highly complex product inquiry from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
• Leverage High Value services: Demos (dCloud) and Design Assistance
• Work with VSAMs, Field personnel, & Cisco partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development
• Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
• Help new product/services launch.
• Time management.
• Case handling – Prioritize cases as suggested by GVE AI based case assignment algorithm “Skill Based Routing”
• SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
• Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
• Become the SME – achieve Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
• Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice.
• Ability to anticipate / gather / consolidate trends and communicate to Architecture Lead.
• CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
• All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID.
1. Performs & represents the network design activities with minimal assistance, effectively engages extended team for support.
2. Strong knowledge of/and fluency in articulating; features, functions, benefits, and positioning of Cisco products, technologies, and services in reference to industry. Ability to apply this knowledge to address customer/partner network requirements.
3. Lead discussions concerning direct comparisons of Cisco's products and technologies against the competition specifically relating to design strategies.
4. Exposure to Remote Support and Collaboration processes/methodologies --- preferred.
5.Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
a) Understanding Data Center networking infrastructure, SDN solutions, knowledge on Cisco ACI or OpenStack would be a preference;
b.) Understanding x86 server infrastructure, virtualization, knowledge on hyper converged infrastructure would be a preference;
c). Understanding storage networking infrastructure and protocols like FC, FCoE, iSCSI, etc;
d) Knowledge on Enterprise applications like SAP HANA, public Cloud like AWS, Azure, containers like K8S, Docker, programmability language like Python would be a preference;
6.Good understanding of IP Routing fundamentals and LAN Switching.
Who You Are
• 2 to 3 years of experience with IT infrastructure
• 2 to 3 years of design & implementation experience
• Customer facing experience within presales or consulting
• Good Presentation and communication skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Technical Qualifications (must have good skill set in 2 of the following or more):
• Experience on Virtualization and Storage solutions
• Experience on Cisco Networking Technologies
• Experience on Cisco Data Center Solutions
CCNA/CCNP DC Certifications (Optional)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.