Technical Solutions Specialist - DCV
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
We change the world, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Technical Solutions Specialist (TSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The TSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the most of their time will be spent. The TSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The TSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests from Globally.
Reports To: SEM
Metrics: Deal Support/Technical Response Quality/Case Support/Service Upsell
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco contends. Strong DC Technology knowledge. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
- Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
- Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the business need and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement to a SE As A Service (SEaaS) engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions
- Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and answer highly complex product inquiry from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
- Demonstrate High Value services: Demos (dCloud), Customer / Partner Engagements, Design Assistance and Consultative Selling
- Work with VSAMs, Field personnel, & Cisco partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested
- Help new product/services launch
- Technical conversations, Sophisticated Whiteboarding and Presentation Skills (Lead th room)
- Conflict (Negotiation Skills) and Self Management
- Case handling – Prioritize cases as suggested by GVE AI based case assignment algorithm “Skill Based Routing”
- SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
- Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
- Become the SME – achieve Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization
- Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice
- Ability to anticipate / gather / consolidate and communicate to Architecture Lead
- CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered
- All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID
Who You’ll Work With
Working Across Boundaries
- Build relationship with other GVE Teams, field teams, architecture team, Business Units(Bus) and Partners
- BU related: Raise requests to BU, provide input on health of BU relationship, Use existing relationships with BU resources. Work with lead SME to redeliver BU trainings
- Partner relationship: Help strategic partner peers, build relationship with local partner SMEs
- SEVT attendance (both online or physical). Redelivery knowledge obtained on VT, work with AL on roadmap validation. Work with AL to update BU contact information
- Understand about PDI, TAC and other critical process
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience with IT infrastructure
- 3+ years of design & implementation experience
- Customer facing experience within presales or consulting
- Presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Technical Qualifications (must have good skill set in 2 of the following or more):
- Experience on Compute (x86 Server, Windows, Linux) and Enterprise Applications like data base (SAP HANA), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, data backup, etc.
- Experience on Virtualization (ESXi, Hyper-V, Public Cloud Services, etc)
- Experience on Network (DC Fabric Technologies, Data Center Interconnect, VxLAN, etc)
- Experience on Storage and Storage Networking (FC/FCoE, NAS, iSCSI, etc.)
- Experience on Converged & Hyperconverged Infrastructure Solution
- Experience on Public Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Industry Certifications like CCDP, CCNP or CCIE are Preferred