Technical Solutions Specialist(DC) - Japanese
Location:Dalian, Liaoning, China
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
The Technical Solutions Specialist (TSS) is a technical sales professional who provides high level technical support and guidance to customers, partners and Cisco Sales. Collaborates with the requester to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings.
The TSS is familiar with a wide variety of products and technologies and is a specialist in at least one Architecture where the majority of their time will be spent. The TSS shares knowledge and best practices throughout the GVE Community.
Most engagements are handled via virtual tools (WebEx, Telepresence, phone, etc). The TSS works in a pooled fashion supporting requests from Dalian or Globally.
Reports To: SEM
Metrics: Service quality/Productivity/SLA/Business outcome
Qualifications: Experience in markets where Cisco competes. Desired Technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent.
• Look past the initial request intended to clarify and confirm the requirements before focusing on an accurate response and identify if there are opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
• Use good judgement to assess the Request and uncover the true scale, business need and timescales of opportunities. And upsell the current engagement.
Develop and Present Solutions
• Develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and answer complex product inquiry from the customers. Assist in addressing technical response to RFPs and the technical elements or approach for the proposal, including products, solutions, software, and services.
•Leverage High Value services: Demos (dCloud) and Design Assistance
• Work with VSAMs, Field personnel, & Cisco partners to successfully resolve all customer questions to aid in the closure of a Sales Opportunity.
Personal and Organizational Development
• Passion for helping others. Perform specialized training on SME products as requested.
• Help new product/services launch.
• Time management.
• Case handling – Prioritize cases as suggested by GVE AI based case assignment algorithm “Skill Based Routing”
• SLA – Assure Response to Requester time is met.
• Monitor practice queue & provide feedback as issues arise.
• Become the SME – achieve Deep dive technical expertise within Specialization.
• Practice Performance – contribute to the development of the practice.
• Ability to anticipate / gather / consolidate trends and communicate to Architecture Lead.
• CSAT – Encourage survey participation and follow up when LSFU is encountered.
• All requests must have existing Case and if needed a Deal ID.
1. Performs & represents the network design activities with minimal assistance, effectively engages extended team for support.
2. Strong knowledge of/and fluency in articulating; features, functions, benefits, and positioning of Cisco products, technologies, and services in reference to industry. Ability to apply this knowledge to address customer/partner network requirements.
3. Lead discussions concerning direct comparisons of Cisco's products and technologies against the competition specifically relating to design strategies.
4. Exposure to Remote Support and Collaboration processes/methodologies --- preferred.
5.Cisco Architecture & Technology Knowledge:
a) Understanding Data Center networking infrastructure, SDN solutions, knowledge on Cisco ACI or OpenStack would be a preference;
b) Understanding x86 server infrastructure, virtualization, knowledge on hyper converged infrastructure would be a preference;
c) Understanding storage networking infrastructure and protocols like FC, FCoE, iSCSI, etc;
d) Knowledge on Enterprise applications like SAP HANA, public Cloud like AWS, Azure, containers like K8S, Docker, programmability language like Python would be a preference;
6.Good understanding of IP Routing fundamentals and LAN Switching.
Who You Are
• 3+ years of experience with IT infrastructure
• 3+ years of design & implementation experience
• Customer facing experience within presales or consulting
• Presentation and communication skills in Japanese
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience on Virtualization and Storage solutions
• Experience on Cisco Networking Technologies
• Experience on Cisco Data Center Solutions
CCNP/CCIE Certifications preferred