Technical Solutions Specialist - Cloud and Endpoint
Location:Offsite, London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestSecurity
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Technical Solutions Specialist at Cisco is part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our cloud-delivered security solutions. This is a technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with prospective customers, and managing all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities through to a successful deployment.
Technical Solutions Specialist at Cisco is part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our cloud-delivered security solutions. This is a technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with prospective customers, and managing all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities through to a successful deployment.
What You'll Do
You are responsible for presenting, demonstrating and architecting solutions to solve the cyber security needs of some of the most influential companies in the region. You must be highly accomplished with web security, networking and cloud technology (SaaS, PaaS and Iaas) - You are a self-starter, will act as an industry domain expert, and strive to help Cisco make customers for life. You will serve as the main pre-sales technical and product adviser on Cisco Cloud Security solutions in the region.
- Be the main go-to resource for the sales team and potential customers for technical product questions, trials and pre-sale customer issues during the sales cycle.
- You will deliver technical product presentations along with sales reps via web conferencing or in the field.
- Assist sales reps and customers on determining if customer environments are supported by current and future versions of Cisco's enterprise solutions.
- Full ownership of Cloud Security POV and Security Risk Assessment activities in region, providing customers with a consultative experience demonstrating risk and solution value.
- Provide essential input and responses to RFIs / RFPs.
- Successfully transition new customers into the customer success program.
- Assist in the delivery of technical training modules to new team representatives including ongoing training to the sales team.
- Evangelize and enable the wider Cisco CSE and Channel Partner SE teams in region.
- Work directly with Product Management team as a liaison to accounts around technical product requirements and to provide customer feedback with the goal of enabling continuous improvement of Cisco enterprise solutions.
- Effectively interact with internal engineering teams to scope out and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible account opportunities.
- Travel throughout the region to visit prospective customers.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of technical experience in a support or sales engineer, network operations support, or application engineering role.
- 3 years of enterprise Pre-Sales experience working directly with network or cloud security products in a customer-facing role.
- Experience/knowledge in EDR/EPP or XDR Endpoint Security solutions would be beneficial
- Comprehensive understanding of networking technology - Windows networking, Active Directory, BIND, etc.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, and security.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms (e.g.: Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, AWS, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Okta, OneLogin, Dropbox, Box, etc.)
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult customers.
- A positive attitude and friendly outgoing personality.
- Strong written and email etiquette skills.
- Strong oral interpersonal skills, including the ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- English written and spoken communication skills required