Technical Solutions Arichtect
Location:Offsite, Nashville, Tennessee, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry!
Who We Are
Meraki is a Greek word meaning “something done with soul, creativity, or love.” With this name as our mantra, we’re building a welcoming workplace that attracts eclectic, curious, purposeful people who will help connect passionate people to their mission by simplifying their workplace.
Build with Empathy
We’re passionate about what we do and encourage each other to take risks. We believe that we don’t lose or fail; we either win or learn. Whatever happens, we’re supportive. We believe in actively staying curious, empathetic, and collaborative because in our experience those traits are the key to innovation.
The Power of Simplicity
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters—like helping library patrons, providing healthcare, teaching children, running small businesses and large corporations, sharing art, building infrastructure, feeding the hungry and so much more. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work.
Why Choose Cisco Meraki?
When Cisco acquired Meraki in 2012, we gained the strength of Cisco’s resources while retaining Meraki’s unique culture. With Cisco’s support, we have more freedom to take risks. Our partnership also means that opportunity continues beyond our doors and into the broader Cisco family. At Cisco Meraki, we’re not too small to make an impact or offer career options, nor are we too big to nurture our people. We’re just the right size for finding support, community, and mission.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG) as our next Technical Solutions Architect. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will be based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, clearly demonstrate the benefits to both prospects and partners.
- Build product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- Provide technical mentorship to channel partners and assist them in successfully selling the Cisco Meraki solution
- We highly use our pre-sales engineers, which means you have the opportunity to make excellent money while contributing to the success of the entire organization
Who You Are
Technical subject matter authority, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all level customers. Understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
Skills & Experience
- Experienced knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Experienced knowledge of REST APIs and a Python scripting
- Strong understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Consistent track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Strong relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience, presentation skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related subject area desired
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.