Technical Solutions Architect
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
Opportunity comes from the combination of technology and people. Our workspace environment gives people the flexibility to be where they need to be to do the best work they can. At Cisco we use solution approach, integrating mobility, video, and cloud to bring people together anytime, anywhere, on any device. We connect employees, customers, and suppliers to make decisions, resolve customer issues, or address supply-chain challenges. The technology architectures cost-effectively support scalability, security, and accessibility. The Cisco solution strategy and technology architectures account for not only the technology, but business outcome in what it means to your business processes and company’s culture.
As Technical Solutions Lead Architect:
- You will provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected account opportunities. Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into use cases and technical requirements. Understand and articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services.
- You will drive the requirement management in building a solution approach leveraging and orchestrating the different technology architectures, solutions and products. As such, you will be the bridge of customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field. You will create, present and document technical solutions.
- You will perform high-level and technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Drive identified account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, Cisco technology solutions, product requirements, and design validation) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership.
- You will be responsible for the technical leadership in instrumenting cross domain solutions to meet the business outcome of customers and prospects. You will be driving and orchestrating the technical teams by working on opportunities.
- You will publish white papers and blogs on given topics for internal or external use. Bring together product requirements from field and customer and submit findings to relevant BUs and Boards and Councils to drive business requirements.
- You will actively participate as a specialist on assigned teams and/or Solutions Team(s). Thorough visionary knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on contributing to the long-term success of Cisco and the Swiss Market through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You'll Work With
One Winning Team Engagement - Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with multi-functional teams (Services, Customer Value Acceleration Team, Capital, Partners, etc.) and strategically engaging cross functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers in the Swiss market. Build customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently.
Who You Are
- You have shown knowledge and experience with Cisco Technologies, Solutions and Architectures along with extensive experience selling at the engineering level through the CxO level.
- You have experience in Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree.
- You have the ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and know how to handle the problem or solicit the required resources.
- You have knowledge of SDN solutions such as Cisco DNA or ACI.
- You have an understanding of APIs and programmatic methods for automation & orchestration in both, on-prem and hybrid-cloud environments
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Confirmed technical knowledge and consultative skills and able to train and disseminate information.
- 10+ years related experience in at least one of Cisco's Technologies with a broad level of technology knowledge in networking
- Fluent in German and English
- Proven track record in technical leadership and in successfully managing customer opportunities
- Project Management Skills (waterfall, agile)
- Good ITSM knowledge
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
We Are Cisco