Technical Solutions Architect
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why You'll Love Cisco:
Cisco seeks a Technology Solutions Architect for our Global Partner Organization to develop and lead the US head quartered Managed and Consulting partners globally. These partners are EY, DXC, Deloitte and Cap Gemini. You are ambitious and brings the industry, business, and technical skills necessary to work effectively with internal Cisco peers and external partner executives.
What You'll Do
The Managed and consulting partners are key growth partners for us and with Cisco leaning heavily on managed services it gives you the opportunity to understand how these partners go to market, how they work with their customers and the way they sell technology as a part of business outcomes. Your role will be to align to this GTM motion, create joint technology solutions aligned to their offers, increase Cisco mindshare in their solutions, provide technical enablement and help the partners in deals that they engage with us.
Who You'll Work With
You are a part of GPO and will work with the Partner BDM’s, regional solution architects from Cisco and the partner. You will work with all involved team members within Cisco to bring them in to support you and the partners needs when building the joint solutions or when working on a deal
Who You Are
You demonstrate a deep understanding of many of these key responsibilities and competencies:
- Deep understanding of Cisco solutions and products and how to architect them to meet the customer/partners requirements
- Have an understanding of sales or channel led selling motions from a technical perspective
- Good presentation skills with the ability to simplify technology to present the idea to executives
- Have a strong background in the Enterprise segment
- Ability to work across a diverse global team
Additional required knowledge/skills:
- Ability to promote new and innovative ways to addressing business challenges and problems.
- Review competitive solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about industry, company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Typically requires an Engineering/Computer Science degree.
- Cisco and/or 3rd Party certifications are a plus: CCIE – Cisco Route & Switch, CCNP – Cisco R&S, or CCNA – Any Cisco Architecture or Software vendor certifications in line with domain specialization.
- Could include occasional overseas travel. 20% max
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.