Technical Solutions Architect-Security
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
We change the world, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
As part of a global organization, you will be responsible to provide pre-sales SE support for Account Manager, SE and all Cisco partners as Security Specialist globally. You will need to communicate crossly with global colleagues in English to deliver high quality pre-sales support and response to various technical inquiries. Virtually through the various advanced communication tools.
- Pre-sales deal support, response to technical inquires as Security Architecture Specialist.
- Pre-sales SE support for global Cisco AM, SE and Partners
- Escalation and communication to BU
- Provide proactively business contribution by building business relationship with the teams that relevant to Security business as Senior Virtual SE.
- Proactively support your global colleagues through your leadership.
- Provide pre-sales SE support via various advanced virtual tools (Web Meeting, Telepresence, IP Phone).
- Participate and presentation in your relevant team meeting, trainings in English.
- Business travel to coordinate countries to attend trainings or meetings.
Role & Responsibilities
You need to decide whether accept or decline the SE support request from our client from both technical and business justification perspective based on your knowledge and experience. You need to build relevant documentation, provide presentation or demo in your deal support to provide the solution for customer / partner business challenges through appropriate collaboration with Cisco AM and another SE. There are also many technical inquiries regarding Cisco product information, specification, product selection for proposal and high-level system design that are also very important job in my team. You will also need to provide response for these types of technical inquiries.
You will also need proactively accruing technical / product knowledge as Senior Systems Engineer to provide support / mentoring for your colleagues.
- Building your career as a technical specialist
- Various career path in Cisco globally
- Opportunity to travelling to other countries for training / meeting
- Flexible work style (including Work from Home)
- BS, BA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in pre-sales engineer experience for IT infrastructure, Security technologies and products.
- Network Security（NGFW、NGIPS etc. ）
- Mail Security, Web Application Security
- Malware Protection
- Basic knowledge for Cloud technology
- Appropriate level of English communication skill to communicate with your colleague.
- Strong leadership to contribute team growth.
- Proactively self-learning motivation to catch up new technologies
- VPN and AAA or other security relevant knowledge would be a plus
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.