Technical Solutions Architect (Optical)
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
As a Technical Solutions Architect, you will partner with other members of our sales team in a pre-sales technical role in driving our SPR Optical Architecture. You will work closely with sales team AMs/SEs, Partners and our team of Product Sales Specialists to develop technical solutions that grow SP Routing & Optical business.
You will focus on an Architecture level of technical leadership with in-depth knowledge of Optical networks in collaboration with Business Unit (BU) productization. The successful candidate will be working closely with Cisco Sales account teams to develop and drive growth of Optical infrastructure business. The role could include working closely with other architecture areas such as SP Routing especially for IP & Optical converged architectures.
You’ll set the benchmark for the next generation of Cisco technical Systems Engineers, provide leadership and guidance to the Business Unit (BU) and Marketing as the voice of the ASEAN customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to have strong proven experience in the following:
- Engagement with the business & technical decision makers, including CXO team, within the Customer organization for the identified SPR opportunities.
- Demonstrate SPR thought leadership and drive architecture transformation of Optical network by understanding customer’s business.
- Initiate and drive the Cisco technical strategy formulation for mega-opportunity engagements and rally the technical resources together, including pre-RFP and post RFx engagements.
- Conversant with following Optical technology domains:
- Fixed and Multi-Degree ROADM based architectures
- Architectures such as National / Regional / Backbone, DCI, 5G MBH Fronthaul / backhaul
- Submarine Subsea Systems (Dry-plant/Wet-plant)
- Photonic Control Plane solutions (ASON, GMPLS, Transport SDN, Flex-spectrum, Resiliency protection mechanisms)
- Electrical Control Plane solutions (G.709 OTN, Flex-E)
- Photonic Data Plane solutions (Fixed-vs-Flex spectrum, Coherent & Optical impairments)
- 10+ years of proven Optical expertise in design, deployment (hands-on) & support areas.
- Strong grasp of Optical evolution and trends as well as application of SDN in Optical for Telco.
- Ability to lead with technical collaboration with cross-architecture team members and build innovative technical plans together.
- Ability to bring people from different departments (Sales, BU, Services) to the table, create a safe environment for people, making sure their opinions are heard and addressed.
- Focus on team’s success rather than individual wins.
- Good English speaking and articulation skillset.
- Local based in Manila, Philippines but able to travel 10% of the time in ASEAN countries.