Technical Solutions Architect - North Texas 1304305
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Cisco seeks a Technology Solutions Architect for our Global Partner Organization to develop and lead the adoption of Cisco Solutions through our channel partners. You are self-motivated and brings the industry, business, and technical skills necessary to work effectively with internal Cisco peers and external partner executives.
Driving solutions across all of Cisco Architectures is a top focus for Cisco and Cisco Partners. The TSA will be responsible for providing technical and multi-architectural expertise for developing the GTM enablement strategy for Cisco’s Solutions. You demonstrate expertise with more than one of Cisco’s Architectural areas. Knowledge of competitive products is also recommended with this position. The Architectures of Cloud, Data Center, Security, IoT, Enterprise Networking, Collaboration, as well as Software across these areas are knowledge areas. You'll have expertise across as many platforms as possible.
As a TSA you will provide a consultative approach to understanding customer / partner technical requirements including an advanced knowledge of the overall competitive landscape. The TSA, in partnership with Architecture BDMs, will work with colleagues within Cisco, Technology Partners, and Channel Partners, to understand the solution requirements, provide input to the design, develop the technical enablement strategy, and coordinate technical enablement.
You can demonstrate mastery of many of these key responsibilities and competencies:
- Be able to lead in defining the requirements for technical enablement in regards to a Cisco Multi-Architectural solution including lab, demo, curriculum and tools to drive partner competency and accelerate sales.
- Expertise with Cisco Solution selling to Enterprise and Corporate Line-of-Business as well as to traditional IT buying centers for on premise as well as cloud based solutions.
- Articulate Cisco Solution's value by itself or within a full multi-vendor solution.
- Use customer and industry knowledge to influence Business Units to create solutions that maximize sales potential.
- Have a base knowledge of Programmability / DevOps with Cisco API’s, Controllers, and SDK’s.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the Channel and Partner Sales Team and Engineers in addition to team members, customers and partners in any location and across functional Business Units.
- Ensure the architectural impact and capabilities of Cisco Solutions are understood and valued.
- Seek out opportunities to partner with and mentor less-experienced teammates and to share leading practices and help strengthen capabilities.
- Develop your team's knowledge of Cisco Solution selling concepts.
- Professionally present to Cisco's corporate groups, channels, and customer management.
- Lead in partner enablement activities such as Partner VT and other partner education forums.
- Develop and execute strategies to drive Solution enablement to partners worldwide.
Additional required knowledge/skills:
- Proven experience driving projects and programs, measuring performance and trends, and communicating cross-functionally.
- Ability to promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems.
- Review competitive solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about industry, company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, adaptability and negotiation skills.
- Typically requires an Engineering/Computer Science degree.
- Cisco and/or 3rd Party certifications are a plus: CCIE – Any Cisco Architecture, CCNP, CCNA, or Software vendor certifications in line with domain specialization.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.