Technical Solutions Architect - Enterprise | ThousandEyes
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a ‘Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Solutions Architect to join our team of super heroes supporting in the West territory. You will have the opportunity to be the customer interface of an exciting new technology. You will work closely with the enterprise sales team presenting ThousandEyes in prospective business opportunities; be instrumental in working with prospects during trials of ThousandEyes to highlight business value; educate prospects, customers and the sales team on ThousandEyes and how it applies to industry trends and business initiatives; and accelerate ThousandEyes growth through expanding market awareness of ThousandEyes and closing business.
The candidate should possess the following:
- 5+ years of Solutions Engineering Experience
- Excellent presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of application and network protocols (e.g., HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, BGP)
- Knowledge of application and network infrastructures
- Knowledge of unified communications
- Experience with application and network performance analysis solutions
- Experience with packet analysis of network and application protocols
- Experience with Apple, Linux and Microsoft operating systems
- Support the technical sales process
- Assist sales in technical prospecting to help uncover opportunities
- Demonstrate solution to showcase capabilities and use-cases
- Build and maintain a technical and trusted advisor relationship with customers
- Support customers during solution trials
- Scope and architect solution deployments
- Present to decision makers during trial wrap-up meetings
- Participate as a member of the Solutions Engineering teams
- Participate on weekly team meetings
- Participate in quarter business review sales meetings
- Present technical topics and successful wins
- Share technical challenges and ways to overcome
- Interact with team to ask questions, share experiences, and exchange ideas
- Help establish and enhance demonstration material showcasing the solution
- Research technical topics impacting the industry to grow as an industry leader
- Interface with Marketing
- Support trade shows and networking events
- Support ThousandEyes Connect events
- Contribute to blog and social media posts
- Suggest and contribute to white-papers and case-studies
- Interface with Product Management and Engineering
- Provide solution feedback from hands-on use and customer interaction
- Provide solution suggestions and enhancements to drive solution strategy
- Participate, drive and provide feedback on internal and external solution beta programs
- Interface with Customer Success
- Coordinate with Customer Success in providing post-sales support (training, deployment, support, etc.)
- Encourage and guide customers to utilize Customer Success as an extension of their NOC to help ensure success
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.