Technical Solutions Architect – Datacenter
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
The pre-sale engineer is a customer-focused technical sales professional who provides technical information and relation with his customers.
The Technical Solutions Architect has direct technical accountability for specific opportunities, leveraging knowledge across the broad Cisco portfolio, including software and services. Strong knowledge of Cisco portfolio and record of success in a pressured environment.
In this job you will:
- Senior customer-focused technical and architectural sales professional.
- Provides an operational relationship with the customer and collaborates with account team and Business Entities to develop customer focused architectures.
- Demonstrate operational knowledge of an industry leading company.
- Has strong understanding of the industry trends in the customer's vertical
- Acts as a trusted advisor in the account and works with the account team to demonstrate the business value of Cisco solutions, architectures, and services by aligning opportunities with a 1-3 year cross-architectural vision.
- Serves as the lead advocate for customers / partners within Cisco
- Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
- At Cisco you will be the first to benefit from what our technology can offer. Our approach is to enable you to be flexible in how you arrange your work, making sure you give and take the best.
Who You'll Work With
- Cisco Pre-sales delivers the message about the vital role the network plays to our customers and partners.
- New demands on the network are calling for new solutions: SDN, DC automation, more importantly, secure networks that can sense and enforce security threats.
- We help customers understand how to use the state of the art networks. And make it possible for them to achieve their business goals in ways they would never have imagined.
- The network touches everything: come and define it with us.
Who You Are
- 5 plus years or equivalent experience in markets where Cisco competes.
- Minimum 5 years field technical sales experience, working as a Systems Engineer or related field experience with customer interaction or technical customer facing experience.
- You have BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline.
- Preferably have CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Norwegian and English
- You will have thorough knowledge of Cisco architectures and component parts. With that knowledge, you will be able to lead and define the solutions for your customers, including good analytic and decision-making skills.
- Thorough understanding and deep dive into some or all of the following technologies: Data Center Networking and orchestration, Switching and Routing, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Things and Security.
- Main focus are will be on Data Center networking architecture, including cloud services and orchestration.
- Knowledge of Cisco products and Cisco certifications are preferred.
- Adept at using initiative, discretion and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
- Adept at customer interactions from the CIO through to technical staff.
- Knowledge of sales cycle.
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience.
- Ability to work independently and remotely as well as with your team to accomplish objectives.
- Good understanding of the market space and offerings.
- Understand the operational side of running an infrastructure.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results.
- Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco