Technical Solutions Architect, Data Center
Location:Seoul, Seoul-Teukbyeolsi, Republic Of Korea
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for working on Cisco’s newest and most groundbreaking entries into the Data Center (DC) market segment. It is critical that you be of a calibre that can be recognized as not only a technical leader within Cisco but within the industry as well. You will play a critical role in enabling Cisco to bring new products to market in both core and adjacent markets.
- Be on the forefront of understanding and being able to communicate Cisco’s strategy in this new technology direction.
- Building in-depth expertise in the underlying and associated technologies and architectures.
- Working in conjunction with product business units and the field teams.
- Determine gaps in go to market strategies, technological shortfalls, and trends and directions in the industry to continually keep Cisco on the right track to deliver leading edge viable solutions with market demand.
- Act as a technical advisor to product business unit to provide a real world sanity check based on feedback with customers.
- Work closely with a small group of large customers who would be early adopters, make significant revenue contributions and provide Cisco with directional knowledge.
- Contribute to the development of content and messaging that emphasizes Cisco’s strengths in this market and resonates with both the field and customers.
- Work with a key group of ecosystem partners and providers.
Industry knowledge, market trends and direction awareness is important as Cisco will continue to partner and form ecosystems to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customer base. In order to successfully gain footprint in the customer data center, a solid understanding and continued development of competitive strategies will be required.
Who You’ll Work With
One Winning Team Engagement - Effectively facilitating initiatives with multi-functional teams and strategically engaging multi-functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers. Build customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on contributing to the long-term success of Cisco through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You Are
You should have both a high level of technical and sales competency and the ability to articulate the flow of information through a proposed system or solution as well as deliver C level messaging as to the business benefits of the proposed Cisco solution.
The following are some key skillset expectations that are necessary:
- Deep knowledge of large scale Data Center fabric architectures
- Expert level knowledge of servers and server subsystems, operating systems (especially Linux) deployed within the DC, and virtualization
- Deep understanding of networked storage protocols
- Detailed understanding of typical enterprise applications
- Knowledge of big data platforms applications and technologies
- Understanding of new protocols being deployed intra and inter DC
- Cloud Computing architectures
- Experience with RISC migration technologies and techniques
- Programming skills in two or more languages
- Experience with storage and data protection technologies
- Orchestration, provisioning and automation methodologies
- Concepts and implementation of Cisco’s Unified Computing System
- Deep working knowledge of Cisco DC Technologies
- Understanding of customers DC operational models including Apps, Compute, Networking and storage and how these are tied together
- Fluent in English
- Min +12 years experience in related industry
- Data Center CCIE certification
- Presentation skill and experience
- University degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.