Technical Solutions Architect - Data Center Compute South
Location:Nashville, Tennessee, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
- You will provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected major account opportunities. Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements. Understand and articulate Cisco's cloud architectures and services. You will facilitate better communications and understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field. Create, present and document technical solutions.
- You will perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Drive identified account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, Cisco technology solutions, product requirements, and design validation) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership.
- You provide consultative support to other Team Specialists and Systems Engineers and you will mentor other less experienced Systems Engineers. You exhibit leadership and will be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners, company and customers.
- Your position will require some travel responsibilities as well as virtual rich media presence for sales activities.
- You will actively participate as a specialist on assigned teams and/or Solutions Team(s).
Who You Are
You have extensive knowledge and experience with Cloud, Data Center Compute and virtualization technologies, Solutions and Architectures along with extensive experience selling Data Center and Virtualization at the engineering level through the CxO level. You have broad experience in Compute technologies including servers, applications, hyperconvergence, disaster recovery, cloud, etc. You also have experience in storage networking protocols including Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, and storage multi-pathing. You have the ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and know how to handle the problem or solicit the required resources. Data Center switching technologies such as VxLAN, ACI, NXOS, Nexus 9k, etc are a plus.
Your experience includes:
- Extensive expertise in Data Center compute design utilizing Cisco UCS or competitive switch offerings.
- Virtualization: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
- Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Understanding of APIs and programmatic methods for automation & orchestration using tools such as Ansible & Python.
- Knowledge of VXLAN and SDN solutions (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX)
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Confirmed technical knowledge and consultative skills and able to train and disseminate information.
- 8+ years related experience and Cisco experience required. Cisco product and end-to-end positioning required.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- R&S and/or Data Center CCIE certification highly desirable and/or preferred.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.