Technical Solutions Architect - Collab / Contact Center East 1304318
Location:Offsite, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Cisco seeks a Pre-sales Engineer / Technology Solutions Architect with a strong technical background and a business outcome focus to develop and lead the adoption of Cisco Customer Experience (Contact Center) Solutions for our customers. The TSA must be self-motivated and bring the industry, business, and technical skills necessary to work effectively with customers, partners, and internal Cisco peers.
Designing solutions in support of our customer’s business outcomes is a top focus for Cisco and Cisco Partners. The TSA will be responsible for providing technical expertise for Cisco’s Customer Experience Solutions. This is inclusive of the core Customer Experience / Contact Center solutions, cursory knowledge of supporting Cisco architectures such as Cloud, Data Center and Security, as well as industry partner solutions. Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as microservices and APIs, as well as cloud business concepts such as SaaS pricing will be needed. Knowledge of competitive products is also required with this position. You'll have expertise across as many platforms as possible.
As a TSA you will provide a consultative approach to understanding customer / partner technical requirements including an advanced knowledge of the overall competitive landscape. The TSA, in partnership with a Product Sales Specialist, will work with customers and partners to understand the customer’s business needs and then their solution requirements in support of those needs, provide input to the design, develop the technical enablement strategy, and coordinate technical enablement. This often requires demonstration of the solution outcome.
You can demonstrate mastery of many of these key responsibilities and competencies:
- Be able to lead in defining the requirements for technical enablement in regard to a Cisco Customer Experience / Contact Center solution including lab, demo, curriculum and tools to drive partner competency and accelerate sales.
- Expertise with Cisco Solution selling to Enterprise and Corporate Line-of-Business as well as to traditional IT buying centers for on premise as well as cloud based solutions.
- Articulate Cisco Solution's value by itself or within a full multi-vendor solution.
- Use customer and industry knowledge to influence Business Units to create solutions that maximize sales potential.
- Have a base knowledge / desired skills in Cloud and hybrid application architectures. Specifically microservices / container technologies and API’s
- Have a base knowledge / desired skills in Contact Center architecture and solutions. Specifically conversational IVR, omni-channel routing, customer journey.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the Channel and Partner Sales Team and Engineers in addition to team members, customers and partners in any location and across functional Business Units.
- Ensure the architectural impact and capabilities of Cisco Solutions are understood and valued.
- Seek out opportunities to partner with and mentor less-experienced teammates and to share leading practices and help strengthen capabilities.
- Develop your team's knowledge of Cisco Solution selling concepts.
- Professionally present to Cisco's corporate groups, channels, and customer management.
Additional required knowledge/skills:
- Proven experience driving projects and programs, measuring performance and trends, and communicating cross-functionally.
- Ability to promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems.
- Review competitive solutions, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about industry, company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, adaptability and negotiation skills.
- Typically requires an Engineering/Computer Science degree.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.