Technical Sales Engineer - Summer Internship - UK
Location:Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Location: Due to workplace restrictions we will be offering a virtual-only internship experience
Start Date: June 14th 2021
Duration: 8 weeks
What You’ll Do
This position provides you with meaningful work that directly affects your assigned sales engineering team. During the summer, you will gain exposure to Cisco technology, sales and the opportunity to network and learn from top engineering leaders within the organisation.
- Working with Sales Engineering to problem solve and work with customers
- Demos and Programming script-based development tools
- Ability to tackle stretch projects and be creative individually in a team environment
Who You'll Work With
At Cisco, we are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining top early university talent to shape our future, and we want you! You will learn, gain sales experience and grow within Cisco. Work with sales engineer leaders to make an impact on the business while getting exposure to our executives and sales organisation. Do you want to become Cisco's next generation of sales leaders through an accelerated early in career development path? Join us and explore how Cisco changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
Who You Are
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other equivalent degree in a technical discipline is required (an emphasis on software design practices preferred) set to graduate December 2021 – July 2022
- Excellent in presentation skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- You have a real passion for technology
- You have application centric skills
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong skills: Researching, influencing, organisation, adaptability, flexibility, and highly self-motivated
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to work in collaborative environment - all with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you're applying, without visa support or sponsorship. (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program.)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA). We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!