Technical Sales Engineer (Intern) - United States
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
The Technical Sales Engineer Internship opportunity targets University students that have an interest in the Cisco Sales and Systems Engineer organization. This role will provide you with meaningful work that directly impacts your assigned team. Along with sales engineering team experience, you have the chance to work within your intern groups to research and present solutions to tackle customer challenges. During this summer program, you gain exposure to Cisco technology, sales and the opportunity to network and learn from top engineering leaders within the organization.
- Working with Engineering to diagnose and resolve critical issues
- Solving customer challenges alongside your team
- Programming in an embedded software environment
- Ability to tackle stretch projects and be creative individually and in a team environment
- Opportunities to learn about potential career paths and tracks beyond your internship
Who You'll Work With
At Cisco, we are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining top early university talent to shape our future and we want you! You will learn, gain sales experience and grow within Cisco. Work with sales engineer leaders to make an impact on the business while getting exposure to our executives and sales organization. Do you want to become Cisco's next generation of sales leaders through an accelerated early in career development path? Join us and explore how Cisco changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
Who You Are
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other equivalent degree in a technical discipline is required (an emphasis on software design practices preferred) set to graduate December 2021 – July 2024
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a real passion for technology
- You have application centric skills
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong skills: Communication, influencing, organization, adaptability, flexibility, and highly self-motivated
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to work in collaborative environment - all with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English (written and verbal), as well as fluent in local language for country of application and must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you're applying, without visa support or sponsorship.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA). We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!