Technical Sales Engineer (Intern) - Taiwan
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
The Technical Sales Engineering Internship Program targets University students who are rising juniors and seniors. This program provides you with meaningful work that directly impacts your assigned team. Along with sales engineering team experience, you have the chance to work within your intern groups to research, present solutions, and make recommendations related to customer challenges. During this summer intern program, you will gain exposure to Cisco technology, sales, and the opportunity to network. You will also learn from top engineering leaders within the organization.
* Work with Sales Engineering to diagnose and resolve critical issues
* Research customer challenges alongside your team
* Participate in stretch projects in a team and individually
* Learn about potential career paths beyond your internship
Who You'll Work With
At Cisco, we are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining top early university talent to shape our future, and we want you! You will learn and gain sales experience to grow during your Sales internship. You will also work with leaders to make an impact on the business while getting exposure to our executives and sales organization. Do you want to become Cisco's next generation of sales leaders through an accelerated early in career development path? Join us and explore how Cisco changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
Who You Are
* Including but not limited to an upcoming graduate of a technical degree or certification program from a Technical Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University.
* Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other equivalent degree in a technical discipline is required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* You have a real passion for technology
* You are a creative thinker and problem solver
* Strong skills: Researching, influencing, organization, adaptability, flexibility, and highly self-motivated
* Proven leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a collaborative environment - all with a positive attitude
* Fluent in English (written and verbal), as well as fluent in local language for country of application and must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you're applying, without visa support or sponsorship. (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program.)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.