Technical Project Manager-Enterprise Software Engineering
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
You're a Program Manager and will lead multiple initiatives, programs and solutions that align with business portfolio strategy.
- Own full program life-cycle from initiation to deployment.
- Develop and manage multi-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope and resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
- Identify, call out and drive resolution of issues that affect program schedule and feature dedications.
- Define, generate and assess performance metrics for the program. Ensure all necessary data are available for critical decision-making.
- Communicate regularly to management and executives on program status, risks and change control.
- Ensure effective communication within the multi-functional teams – Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA and Release Management.
- Improve the adoption of core agile principles of teamwork, prioritization and iterative development, team accountability and transparency.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to grow and mature these capabilities for the organization.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in a team responsible for The Network Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. This Digital Network Architecture(DNA) platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights. This team's innovations spans artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You Are
- Minimum Bachelor's degree with a technical field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years meaningful experience in networking/technology related business, with 4+ years in a Program Management position, with proven history and ability taking care of executive management.
- Experience with cloud-deployed/cloud-delivered software
- Knowledge and experience of CI/CD process
- People management experience is a plus
- Outstanding teammate with ability to develop and foster multi-functional relationships
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and ability to work/influence with different levels of management.
- Outstanding written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Practical work experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- You'll balance multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
- You have strong team building skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group efficiency and test effectiveness. You'll contribute to overall test strategies
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.