Technical Program Manager, Programmable Video
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Cisco Webex is the World's #1 business collaboration and customer engagement platform. It is used across all industries in the world being used to support governments, business, education, and more including use by 85% of Fortune 500 business. Cisco is the clear market leader in cognitive collaboration for unified communication and contact centers with People Insights, Webex Assistant, Webex Experience Management and now BabbleLabs noise cancellation. These technologies are being integrated into Webex calling, meetings, messaging, team collaboration and contact center.
Webex is built on a very modern SaaS platform with a strong culture of DevOps that operates worldwide with engineers in locations such as the US, EU, China, and India. The platform is used by 100s of millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to build a team that can expand its reach to other powerful use cases that developers can integrate into their applications and services.
What You’ll Do
- Manage multiple concurrent projects across cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally to the team
- Clearly and concisely document all project inputs and outputs and provide key findings and project/program summaries to internal stakeholders. Discern and identify hidden requirements that will impact risk or dependencies during planning, design, and implementation.
- Work with Product and Engineering to help establish accurate timelines and own timelines in conjunction with Product
- Manage our alpha and early field trials tracking results and outcomes, as well as synthesizing and communicating results to stakeholders.
- Build out and manage a detailed feature backlog and roadmap
- Proactively gather inputs from Partners, Customers, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales to provide insights and facilitate alignment between all parts of the business.
- Drive project execution from the start of development to QA signoff
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in an agile development environment and leading agile teams is a plus
- 2+ years relevant work experience in product documentation / technical writing, preferably in a cloud-based, enterprise software company
- Experience running an agile team leveraging tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud services
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects across cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally to the team
- Be a process guru, driving existing processes while iteratively implementing process improvements to drive towards execution efficiency
- Experience working in a large enterprise with dispersed teams across multiple time zones and geographies
- Good communication (written, verbal) and collaboration skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical requirements to non-technical audiences
- Support creation of quarterly business reviews that can accurately capture team performance leveraging SLAs and KPIs
- Experience working on enterprise collaboration tools
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Management Information Science or related technical field
Who You’ll Work With
This newly formed team will report directly to the Webex CTO and live in the Intelligence organization at Cisco. The Intelligence team is comprised of three fast-moving startups that were recently acquired by Cisco to boost the industry's #1 Collaboration portfolio. We aim to build the next generation of collaboration software, devices, and APIs - from digitizing the in-meeting experience, enhancing distributed team efficiency and improving all aspects of people connection.
We have a team of world-class product managers, designers, and engineers who are exceptionally talented and all low ego. Many of our engineers have founded their own startups prior to forming Webex Intelligence, and they bring a wide and diverse set of industry experience and expertise with them. We draw on this well of experiences every day as we collaborate on our own product, tech stack, and go to market strategy. We have a strong “eat our own dogfood” culture. We live and breathe Webex every day because we use the platform every day. We're highly collaborative, committed to building great things, and consider it a privilege to learn from each other every day.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!