Technical Program Manager - Data Platforms(1379174)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do:
As a Technical Program Manager Data Platforms, you’ll provide data and analytics platform services to our data engineering, data product teams and other business teams to build their analytics services to enable data-driven decisions. You will lead technical projects to manage large volumes of corporate data, enable data discovery and security, and integrate disparate datasets, and deliver clean, secure platforms for reporting and advanced analytics. In this role, you’ll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. You will have opportunity to learn new technologies and work on large scale projects and huge data sets.
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Manage large scale Platform Modernization initiative
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to senior executives in the organization.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Experience working with data analytics tools and reporting platforms.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Platforms/ Data Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
- Experience in Python, SQL, R, and/or Tableau.
- Experience with data, data architecture, modeling, trends analysis, statistics, and program evaluations.
- Experience with data analysis using various scripting languages, tools, and/or platforms.
- Experience ensuring high data quality.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.We Are Cisco
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.