Technical Operations Manager
Location:Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Who You'll Work With
The Technical Operation Manager (TOM) is the primary technical interface to the Manufacturing Partner site and is accountable for driving both Operational Excellence (Delivery, Quality, and Cost) and Factory Excellence (capability, efficiency, and security / sustainability). You will lead a team composed of Test Development Engineers, Electrical and Mechanical Manufacturing Engineers to drive product quality in the factory and you will report to the Regional lead of Manufacturing Operations.
What You'll Do
- You will drive manufacturing execution excellence and customer experience through operational performance on delivery, quality, cost and transformation
- You will ensure that ourPartners sites have a best in class Quality Management System (QMS) deployed throughout their operation
- You will build strong organization with leadership bench strength, capabilities for the future, engagement and Cisco culture
- Partner with multi-functional organizations including Product Operations, GSM, GP&F, T&Q , etc., to drive business success
- Supervise operational excellence metrics ETE Yield, OTS / OTD, CT2R, NMS budget, etc. and accountable for associated business results
- Accountable to solve any factory related quality issues and to manage line alert and line stop situation.
- Drive cycle time reduction, test optimizations, and quality improvement to meet and improve cost and product lead time
- Responsible for all Quality and Technical audit with the EMS Partners factories
- Focus on Supply Chain innovation through process and tool reengineering and implementation
- Support the enable of new manufacturing node from the manufacturing and test perspective.
Who You Are
- Holder of an Engineering degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical, you have more than 10 years of Supply Chain Operations experience in manufacturing / process / test engineering.
- You developed a strong knowledge and experience of technical operations and factory management
- You have a proven past people management experiences
- Ability to operate in a global x-functional environment, sometimes ambiguity and uncertainty, with both Western and Eastern cultures
- Ability to develop and execute short-, and long-term strategies, with good balance between today's business results and tomorrow's potential
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to influence both internally and externally and interact effectively with different levels of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills in all aspects of supply chain operations
- Ability to build, motivate, and nurture premier team and well-connected with global teams
- Solid English communication skills
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status