Technical Marketing Engineer
Location:Offsite, New York, New York, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Who we are:
The Network Services Business Unit (NSBU) was created to accelerate the transition of Cisco’s portfolio to as-a-Service and consumption offers. The NSBU team works across all business units, and with an extreme sense of urgency, to enable the rapid change required to almost every part of Cisco’s business. To be successful in the NSBU environment, you must be excited by the opportunity to solve some of Cisco’s most critical transformational challenges.
What You’ll Do
As a pivotal product team member who helps align the product roadmap with current and future customer needs, you have operational knowledge, phenomenal Technical marketing skills, deep expertise in Edge, Colo's, WAN, SASE, and Security technologies, and a strong grasp of the key concepts regarding service chaining, automation, virtualization, and cloud.
- Design and deliver technical collateral, including white papers, technical slide decks, demo videos, training seminars, and industry event presentations
- Build Customer Proofs of Concept (CPOC), conduct Product Demo’s, and drive Enablement
- Publish blogs and YouTube videos to elaborate on and evangelize Cisco's technology solutions
- Test new technologies and releases in the lab, educate sales teams at conferences and workshops, and present at trade shows and conferences such as Cisco Live!
- Work with Engineering to define product requirements and feature priorities, and assist Sales and Advanced Services in crafting customer networks
Who You'll Work With
As the liaison between the field, channel partners, and customer, you will ensure they understand product capabilities and benefits while gathering valued input on how requirements align with the evolution of the industry.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience as a technical marketing engineer or a comparable technical role, preferably working on or supporting some form of orchestration and automation across on-prem infrastructure, virtualization, Colo, and cloud
- Someone who is passionate about SD-WAN technologies and market trends
- Experienced with network virtualization or multi-tenant infrastructure.
- You are familiar with traditional networking (routing/switching and wireless protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF) and networking within cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, as well as external connectivity
- You demonstrate confidence in architecture, engineering, operations, and security discussions
- You have a proven ability to understand complex and in-depth level technical situations, related business challenges, and be able to communicate strategies for effective solutions.
- You are an excellent communicator and a presenter who exudes confidence (sample blogs/videos is highly recommended)
- You can distill complex technical concepts into simple explanations
- Programming and/or scripting experience and familiarity with DevOps tools
- Domestic and International Travel required ~25% of the time
- CCNP-certified (or some equivalent certification)
- AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud-certified
We Are Cisco?
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!